Dobermans ?

28 minutes ago, leegreen said:

They'll be loads of decent secondhand Shepherds that people can't handle, if you are prepared to drive and you know what you are looking for.

Seen and been offered lots over the last few years, That's without even looking.

Seen them all, at all ages.

It’ll just be a dog to bark guard the house, out buildings and land mate 

14 hours ago, socks said:

Well bred boerbell the ultimate guard dog. 

Do you have any personal experience with the boerboell or owning different guardian breeds?They're nice dogs but no better than any other well bred mastiff type and most over here are bred from generationf of nothing more than show dogs.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Do you have any personal experience with the boerboell or owning different guardian breeds?They're nice dogs but no better than any other well bred mastiff type and most over here are bred from generationf of nothing more than show dogs.

I’ve done a bit with guarding types 

FEB08068-ECAE-47D1-9190-1C21DDFBE720.jpeg

14 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Check out Doberman lurcher pups for sale on Gumtree. The black pups took my eye. Wouldn't gamble on their working ability though.

I know someone 20 plus yrs ago,who had a saluki grey bitch and his doberman dog got over it...he kept a dog called Boot back from the litter...the lad was a countryside ranger and the dog went everywhere with him,was a fast dog,and not shy on  teeth?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I know someone 20 plus yrs ago,who had a saluki grey bitch and his doberman dog got over it...he kept a dog called Boot back from the litter...the lad was a countryside ranger and the dog went everywhere with him,was a fast dog,and not shy on  teeth?

Similar to an old mate of mine, acquired a whip/grey x doberman bitch.  Caught a few rabbits on the lamp,  but she wasn't that fast or agile.

He bred her to a saluki/grey x collie/grey, and kept two pups back, a dog and a bitch, both made reasonable allrounders.

Just thinking back about this, it was 40 years ago!!

Edited by shaaark