Deer snares

I released a vixen a few nights ago in a wire she looked heavy in cub feck him next door who set them  he only checks them every few days hopefully she cubs out of his way I will say she was darker than normal and her brush was almost black hopefully see her about later on this year 

• Like 8
13 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Was it on a run mate.

Yes mate ,

A old fella who lives few doors away told me he see few fallow in same spot few days ago and when he walking back they was only 2 so I'm thinking it was the fawn and it's mam.

By look of the wound it had been in it for a good while , hopefully she make it .

9 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I released a vixen a few nights ago in a wire she looked heavy in cub feck him next door who set them  he only checks them every few days hopefully she cubs out of his way I will say she was darker than normal and her brush was almost black hopefully see her about later on this year 

It's wrong mate ,if you set snares you should check them daily ,When I was a kid I'd go with me grandad and help him set wires for rabbits and hares but he'd check them early morning and again before dark and I remember he snared few foxes and those still alive was freed to run on and in his words "take there chance with the hounds "

Snares are a good tool in the right hands but if you don't check them daily you have no right dropping them in first place .

• Like 9
3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

It's wrong mate ,if you set snares you should check them daily ,When I was a kid I'd go with me grandad and help him set wires for rabbits and hares but he'd check them early morning and again before dark and I remember he snared few foxes and those still alive was freed to run on and in his words "take there chance with the hounds "

Snares are a good tool in the right hands but if you don't check them daily you have no right dropping them in first place .

And besides that some old dear is most likely missing a washing line ? 

• Haha 1