Andy's man club

Last time I went back home was for a good friends funeral,lost his job in his early 50’s,couldn’t get another,a few months later he parked on a bridge and jumped off,landed on the road below.He left his phone and wallet in the house with a note saying he had ID in his pocket and not to worry.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Andy's man club . Ok it sounds like somewhere our Mushroom ? would go for a sauna.... But give me chance to explain... The leading cause of death in men under 30 is suicide. I know 3 men who have

Hard topic for most men to deal with, we tend to keep everything bottled up and talking about your problems is deemed a weakness. I think we all have our low points, life in general throws certain amo

Suicide in men is rife I had to attend a suicidal male last night on a railway bridge all turned out well and hopefully he gets treatment, but any organisation where men can have a chat is a positive

21 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Andy's man club . Ok it sounds like somewhere our Mushroom ? would go for a sauna.... But give me chance to explain...

The leading cause of death in men under 30 is suicide. I know 3 men who have been good friends in the past who went on to take their own life, I know numerous others I wasn't close to but were school friends or acquaintances. Apparently a young man takes his own life every 2hrs. 

Andy's man club takes its name from Andy Roberts who took his own life aged 23. It was started by his friends to give men a chance to meet and talk without judgement. They meet at 7pm on Mondays at over 100 locations around the UK. 

I've been through the worst 6 months of my life due to numerous reasons. Now I have good mates, good social networks and a good family. I've never been suicidal.....but I have experienced some very low lows. 

I'm sure we will get some funny comments about the name 'man club'...but I'll add a link below if anyone wants it  ?

ANDYSMANCLUB.CO.UK

ANDYSMANCLUB are a men’s suicide prevention charity, offering free-to-attend peer-to-peer support groups...

I respect your honesty and openness ✌

8 minutes ago, dodger said:

I think a few spins with the dog is better than any antidepressant the Drs tries to give folk..

Might not be everyone's thing ,I know it picks us guys up ,but if you never had a dog ,that works ,probably don't mean much 

Went to the funeral of my 23 year old brother in law last year who hung himself and I can say that was not something I ever thought I would have to do and it was harrowing. Look out for those around you lads you just never know what people are dealing with in their own heads. Looking around at the funeral it was genuinely the most tragic thing to see how many people would have been there for him if he had just reached out. Anyone that feels that black dog stalking them just talk to someone. 

• Like 9
41 minutes ago, dodger said:

I think a few spins with the dog is better than any antidepressant the Drs tries to give folk..

Doctors giving out tablets are the main problem I think. Exercise and good food are the basis for most issues 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Doctors giving out tablets are the main problem I think. Exercise and good food are the basis for most issues 

Them ad tablets are mental mate there highly addictive one of my brothers is hooked on them an can’t stop taking them he’s trying to wean himself off them. But ? agree good exercise an good clean food is the way forward 

11 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Sounds a good wee get together dido,its hard enough to deal with things without drink or drugs clouding the mind,my inbox is always open,or my number here too if anyonee needs a chat.

Where do I start ….that fecking nicepix .

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, dodger said:

Valium does make the walk home with a jacker of a dog a lot easier to handle ..Just saying...:whistling:...

13 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Knew you’d crumble one day ,I said it years ago ,that plumber thing …??

You've just got to keep picking at people, you ABSOLUTE ARSEHOLE, of a person.

I REALLY wouldn’t  piss on you if you were on fire, and I had five bladder's worth of piss!

Absolute PRICK!!!

And don't bother trying to come back with something which only you think is witty, you're a prick!!

And we can all see it.  ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I REALLY wouldn’t  piss on you if you were on fire, and I had five bladder's worth of piss!

Absolute PRICK!!!

f****n chill you silly person .It’s banter mate . Try it sometime and lighten the f**k up .I’m always on fire and you don’t like it .

You still sore the cat thread went tits up and you’ve no one to muff .

47 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Absolute PRICK!!!

And don't bother trying to come back with something which only you think is whitty, you're a prick!!

And we can all see it.  ?

calm down shaark ffs ? what’s up with you

• Haha 1