ear cropping / tail cropping ??

was reading that a XL bully  dog was been stopped , reasons from make of it the ear cropping etc .I dont know much about them type dogs, i not that really bothered them, but got in a bit disagreement with couple people that like the breed. i said it just a money making thing, and macho crap to sell there pups.  i know bloke who got a cane corso  natural ears and tail , now this thing would bite if you went in the bloke house, i wouldn't trust  no way, my mate got a borboel  bitch  brill guard dog , both these type dogs natural ears, i know borboel have natural ear, but the point i am making, it dont make a dog better guard dog, if there cropped. i moved away from big breeds when i had bullmastiffs , fed up with unhealthy animals, thats why i had lurchers for i wanted healthy type dog, that catch me dinner , if need be,  and thats all what there all done for me the last 35 years since ive kept lurchers. i was brought up in w-ton  with staffs, pits etc , hope they dont start cropping them next, the breed been ruined by few idiots all ready  .! 

Just now, bird said:

was reading that a XL bully  dog was been stopped , reasons from make of it the ear cropping etc .I dont know much about them type dogs, i not that really bothered them, but got in a bit disagreement with couple people that like the breed. i said it just a money making thing, and macho crap to sell there pups.  i know bloke who got a cane corso  natural ears and tail , now this thing would bite if you went in the bloke house, i wouldn't trust  no way, my mate got a borboel  bitch  brill guard dog , both these type dogs natural ears, i know borboel have natural ear, but the point i am making, it dont make a dog better guard dog, if there cropped. i moved away from big breeds when i had bullmastiffs , fed up with unhealthy animals, thats why i had lurchers for i wanted healthy type dog, that catch me dinner , if need be,  and thats all what there all done for me the last 35 years since ive kept lurchers. i was brought up in w-ton  with staffs, pits etc , hope they dont start cropping them next, the breed been ruined by few idiots all ready  .! 

Just now, bird said:

ps   that was a show  .?

Docking tails and removing dew claws is associated with working dogs and is done for a reason, Torn dew claws and gloved tails are not a good thing to have to deal with, Hence why they are removed, Cropped ears on dogs is just cosmetic and has no place IMHO. 

The reason they do it with them Bully things is to make the dog look " hard " plain and simple.....its a fashion statement like many other trendy breeds........should butchering a dogs body for owner ego be allowed im not sure it should.....but then ive always viewed dogs as property so maybe it should be allowed as long as no suffering takes place....not really sure to be honest but what i am sure of is only a complete f****n mongo would have a dogs ears lopped off to make it look " hard " ffs !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, paulus said:

Docking tails and removing dew claws is associated with working dogs and is done for a reason, Torn dew claws and gloved tails are not a good thing to have to deal with, Hence why they are removed, Cropped ears on dogs is just cosmetic and has no place IMHO. 

??

6 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Heard all sorts of bullshit reasons given by loads of the wallys that have got into the bandog types in the last few years as to why theyve got their dogs cropped and none of them make any sense whatsoever 

Same wallys have probably got kids ,so hence the problem goes on ,down ward spiral 

20 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Heard all sorts of bullshit reasons given by loads of the wallys that have got into the bandog types in the last few years as to why theyve got their dogs cropped and none of them make any sense whatsoever 

Cracks me up when they start on about the different type of crop like your going to the barbers.......did you have a half crop,a full crop,a battle crop........battle crop for crying out loud ?....what world do these people live in !

10 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Cracks me up when they start on about the different type of crop like your going to the barbers.......did you have a half crop,a full crop,a battle crop........battle crop for crying out loud ?....what world do these people live in !

Did you not know that thats the crop the battle dogs used to have Gnash.I had one wally whos regarded as a top breeder in facebook circles tell ing me he has his bandogs cropped so nobody can grab their ears.I said "If I had a 120lb+ dog and someone could stop it by grabbi g its ears Id stick a bullet in the useless c**t.And if thats the case why doesn't he cut the big pointy ears of his malinoise?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Did you not know that thats the crop the battle dogs used to have Gnash.I had one wally whos regarded as a top breeder in facebook circles tell ing me he has his bandogs cropped so nobody can grab their ears.I said "If I had a 120lb+ dog and someone could stop it by grabbi g its ears Id stick a bullet in the useless c**t.And if thats the case why doesn't he cut the big pointy ears of his malinoise?

Its a shame really when you think what a dog Gr Ch Mayday might have been if he'd had a battle crop ffs !!

And yes i mean whenever i get attacked by a 120 lb dog trying to tear my limbs off the first thing i do is to try to squeeze its ears....standard technique that.

• Haha 3