Just an observation

1 hour ago, poxon said:

Just been nosey mate so what you actually after? 

Quarry wise you mean,?... everything,big stuff small stuff fast stuff and make em dead stuff lol...I do a bit if woodland walking,and on the rare occasion ferreting,a bit of cover work etc,it's more an opportunist hunter than a specialized type....

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wunt know what u got tho ,best 2 run them on till 18 month then machine gun the surplus u scarecrow 

The last few weeks I was talking to a few proper sensible lurcher lads,just seeing what type lurchers were running ,and my lads and I fancy ,a saluki hound bull hound type,but it seems the crosses ove

Would it not be worth cobbing your saluki on the back of summat 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Breed your own and tap what you don't want/need sounds harsh but it's a reality or put them on for pet homes 

I don't have the stomach for culling newborns tbh,...I got lucky last time I bred,all pups were booked at 3 days old,I'll see what appears over the summer,I'm in no hurry,next year would do even

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Breed your own and tap what you don't want/need sounds harsh but it's a reality or put them on for pet homes 

You wunt know what u got tho ,best 2 run them on till 18 month then machine gun the surplus u scarecrow 

• Haha 4
22 hours ago, Black neck said:

I've been there and done it kept a  litter on til they were 7/8 month old to see which I preferred fcuck that never again my next litter I'll pick 2 straight away if any of the lads want one they can take em ? 

22 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

I've been there and done it kept a  litter on til they were 7/8 month old to see which I preferred fcuck that never again my next litter I'll pick 2 straight away if any of the lads want one they can take em ? 

How soon lol.....I can't see the point of creating a litter and then culling most of them at birth,...I wouldn't have it in me,...call me soft or whatever,...

I've not a bother culling an inferior worker but not a litter of 5 minutes old pups ....

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, harryshounds said:

Does the kelpie x greyhound not do everything that you require? A cross I'd be interested in, I'm only after rabbits, rats and fox.... maybe chase a hare but happy to see em get away.

I just like a tall dog,the kelpies came 23 max....I've ran only one hare and after 2 exciting turns it was adios,...they weren't bred for that ,I'm more than happy with them ,

2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

I just like a tall dog,the kelpies came 23 max....I've ran only one hare and after 2 exciting turns it was adios,...they weren't bred for that ,I'm more than happy with them ,

My next one is a straight first kelpie or collie x greyhound. 

You be thinking bit of good deerhound in your mix Jigsaw? 

Edited by harryshounds
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

put your pure over the bitch kelpie?

I wouldn't put my pure over anything,he's got nothing done,he's a fair handicap at times ..the Kelpie bitch is very small,...and I'm not interested iñ breeding a litter for just one pup...

I may breed her in the future but she's only 3 years and needs more work 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, harryshounds said:

My next one is a straight first kelpie or collie x greyhound. 

You be thinking bit of good deerhound in your mix Jigsaw? 

No,I've not seen a deerhound I'd breed from ,and I've seen a few ,their rare to get good ones ,

Sorry about the shit picture but the quickest i could find, The dog on the right is collie/grey Bull/grey and the dog on the left is that dog to a bull/whippet Both did most things from lamping, pigeon shooting, working cover, on the beating line, retrieving shot game including on water plus the usual mooching and ferreting.  Get the basics of the mix right and the rest is just the time you put into them.

11947868_10206017840858898_4618642209715612125_o.jpg

1 hour ago, paulus said:

Sorry about the shit picture but the quickest i could find, The dog on the right is collie/grey Bull/grey and the dog on the left is that dog to a bull/whippet Both did most things from lamping, pigeon shooting, working cover, on the beating line, retrieving shot game including on water plus the usual mooching and ferreting.  Get the basics of the mix right and the rest is just the time you put into them.

11947868_10206017840858898_4618642209715612125_o.jpg

?