Just after some help/advice

My mates bitch has had this rash or cut for 3 weeks, don’t no what’s it’s caused by, but tried savalon, hibiscrub, triscrub, salt water, leucillin antibacterial spray, antibiotics for a few days nothing seems to be clearing it i said purple spray it but he won’t cause he wants to keep a eye on it we’re purple spray covers everything. what’s people suggestions to me it don’t look like a vet job as of yet? Thanks Jamie 

C430A7D4-561E-4D2E-BB64-FE7BDC425CBC.jpeg

585961BB-13AF-4BA1-A2BE-082FA29A7E94.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Whispering Whiskey 66 said:

My mates bitch has had this rash or cut for 3 weeks, don’t no what’s it’s caused by, but tried savalon, hibiscrub, triscrub, salt water, leucillin antibacterial spray, antibiotics for a few days nothing seems to be clearing it i said purple spray it but he won’t cause he wants to keep a eye on it we’re purple spray covers everything. what’s people suggestions to me it don’t look like a vet job as of yet? Thanks Jamie 

Anti fungal cream or possibly a steroid cream may shift it old chap

• Like 7
On 31/01/2023 at 17:02, Whispering Whiskey 66 said:

Your mate as tried to treat her and it's not working so best go vets 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

id say the staining is from the dog licking it never seen mange start like that ? 

cheapest option is to ask your vet for some advocate be under a tenner be job done mate ?

Generally speaking the kill all treatments don’t work with mange .Might clear it temporary but it will be back .Needs a stronger dedicated drug to kill it ,prevent re infestation .Vets normally swab ,scrape the skin at 2 week intervals until no more mites are detected .Had it years ago and it’s a bitch to get rid of .Had to burn the kennels and start anew after relocating to a stable which came with its own problems .Was from a fox we dug .Don’t see it in foxes any more ,probably because they are kept to a minimum locally .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Generally speaking the kill all treatments don’t work with mange .Might clear it temporary but it will be back .Needs a stronger dedicated drug to kill it ,prevent re infestation .Vets normally swab ,scrape the skin at 2 week intervals until no more mites are detected .Had it years ago and it’s a bitch to get rid of .Had to burn the kennels and start anew after relocating to a stable which came with its own problems .Was from a fox we dug .Don’t see it in foxes any more ,probably because they are kept to a minimum locally .

mange is gone like it wasn’t there after advocate mate you’ve never seen out like it ?i’ve seen dogs no hair scabbed up look like they want pts be given it and then same again a week later with in  a month there brand new 

Edited by mC HULL
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

mange is gone like it wasn’t there after advocate mate you’ve never seen out like it ?i’ve seen dogs no hair scabbed up look like they want pts be given it and then sama again a week later with a month there brand new 

Have to take your word for it mate and things must of moved on a bit ??