Black cats

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember seeing someone say on here that complete black phase changes arnt real in animals in the wild...welll there's a black bobcat that was caught not long ago .

'Panther' caught on camera in Forest of Dean field by A40 - Gloucestershire Live WWW.GLOUCESTERSHIRELIVE.CO.UK 'The evidence is now overwhelming with thousands of eye witness r

Pied blackbird 

Posted Images

All the black foxes I've ever seen have been skinny, weak little runts that did well to survive..... until recently when I was sent a photo of one caught in Cumbria that was a massive healthy thing. I'm sure others on here must of been sent the photo as they go round of WhatsApp fairly quick

13 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

All the black foxes I've ever seen have been skinny, weak little runts that did well to survive..... until recently when I was sent a photo of one caught in Cumbria that was a massive healthy thing. I'm sure others on here must of been sent the photo as they go round of WhatsApp fairly quick

I,ve had a couple on trail cams and seen one in the flesh, all looked healthy but very small in comparison to red ones you would almost think it was a different sub species ?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Greyman said:

I believe the first melanistic bobcat lynx was caught on film recently, melanism is kind of reverse albino, found in most cat species, squirrels,rabbits and fox’s to name a few over here ??

BAA82A45-D323-47CA-B15C-85BF44614055.png

I see a albino jackdaw last year 

If a albino or melanistic breeds with normal type all offspring will carry the genes for albino etc and can produce these colours in clutches ,young .

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I see a albino jackdaw last year 

If a albino or melanistic breeds with normal type all offspring will carry the genes for albino etc and can produce these colours in clutches ,young .

Funnily enough I was out in a steep valley yesterday putting out trail cams and saw a jackdaw with white wings and tail  feathers flying around, I also used to run a fishing lake in Somerset and had a pure white blackbird that would nest in the barn each year never had another white one but many of the offspring were pied I was quite surprised she survived as long as she did with the number of sparrow hawks around but she was there for around 5 years if I remember right ? 

Albino anything usually become a target for something whether it’s carnivores or humans .I love the ‘out the ordinary stuff ‘.

We have quite a few crows with white in their wings here ,never seen a rook with it but have seen a brown rook that was shot  by a farmer and hung up beside its black brethren .Too far gone to have stuffed .We used to have a blackbird in the garden that had a white head and white flecks to the body .It never seemed to moult like the normal type .

Id love to see a fox that was different ,only ever seen the red phase .Just been given a pure white grey squirrel to get set up .

Roe deer seem to be fairly widely distributed with two tone colours but despite the numbers here I’ve never seen one myself alive .Seen pics and dead animals but never one alive .

Great thread ??

19 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Was that this one mate .

53D65422-3747-4AC8-B2C4-5CE8AEDC099A.jpeg.779e8ea6ba689284632c2c12ce491ca3.jpeg

• Like 2

I had this one last year .

I've seen quite a few white woodpigeons over this way , and I see quite a few white magpies in the area that I work.

I've just remembered that I shot a white fallow buck last year as well.

20220904_141727.jpg

20220904_141722.jpg

• Like 1