Stand up for ourselves

23 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Sorry mate , I’m not having that the damage or find by dogged deer is anywhere near as prevelant as the finding of foxes that have had a leg knocked off by a 22250 down the beam. 

I barely know a single foxing lad who hasn’t ended up dispatching a shot fox , as for most shooters having a tracking dog , for the responsibile deer shooters possibly but most aren’t that far away from the lurcher lads on social media your decrying . I’ve seen vids of lads shooting into the high teens of foxes a night from driving round with night vision scopes and rifles that are gadgets 

make no mistake , you lot will be next . 

Rewind Stiffy mate .What you’ve wrote is what I’ve said too .I havnt said dog casualties outweigh rifle shot foxes but round here the dog lads target the fallow with shite dogs and the result is tucked up deer with guts hanging out .Been to enough to be able to state it as fact .

Yes stuff gets wounded by either side but it’s what happens after that ,that I makes and shapes the man .

Im well aware shooting will be next mate as I’ve written if you’ll read the posts rather than blurt out the obvious .

As for lads shooting big bags of foxes ,yes it happens but only happens where there a huge excess of foxes to shoot .I don’t get dog lads moaning about fox numbers on someone else’s ground .

Round here the fox population is never ending mate .Could shoot 3 foxes a night every night the year and there would be 3 more there next night .
You appear to be targeting the wrong opponent mate as I’m on your side .Always have been and always will be .

You dog lads have a choice ,either stand up and tell them you arnt going to stop no matter what and to leave it alone  or forever be looking over your shoulders .It’s not going away is it .

• Like 3

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They basically banned hunting with running dogs in 2005, apart from rabbits on permission . I never had permission before or after the ban, but I kept hunting. This shite law will affect me

As everyone reading this is no doubt aware this week was a dark dark day for Scottish hunters with all kinds of actual killing of animals with dogs (bar rats and mice) completely banned by the Scottis

Nothing will ever be overturned... doesn't matter who takes care of the Helm and how much noise we all make...accept it's over,the only thing that is certain,is they will keep chipping away at what ev

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

That's fact mate I know the Internet hasn't  helped but the shooters asked for a all out ban on lurcher work to save there own dog work the ban will not affect me in the least not saying feck the ban but just need to travel more and be a bit more careful  when out and about as for standing up for you can't beat the government  and that's another fact 

I think your mistaken in your quote mate .Nowhere have I ever read or seen a single shooter ask for lurcher work to be banned in favour of anything .

You are mis quoting someone who hasn’t a clue mate .

I respect your going to carry on .I did after the ban too for several years but it’s got too hot here to risk my firearms .

What I’m asking is do you love the game enough to speak out against those who want to ban it or will you ,like many others just shrug your shoulders and think it’s someone else’s problem ?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I think your mistaken in your quote mate .Nowhere have I ever read or seen a single shooter ask for lurcher work to be banned in favour of anything .

You are mis quoting someone who hasn’t a clue mate .

I respect your going to carry on .I did after the ban too for several years but it’s got too hot here to risk my firearms .

What I’m asking is do you love the game enough to speak out against those who want to ban it or will you ,like many others just shrug your shoulders and think it’s someone else’s problem ?

There's people fighting it just now trying to get alot of it changed what there asking is impossible  and cruel so just need to see what happens I'm no going to argue about the shooters we know the truth as I do alot of beating  and heard them and people high up in your shooting  organisations 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, nothernlite said:

There's people fighting it just now trying to get alot of it changed what there asking is impossible  and cruel so just need to see what happens I'm no going to argue about the shooters we know the truth as I do alot of beating  and heard them and people high up in your shooting  organisations 

The hunting fraternity would have thrown dog men under the bus that’s a fact as I saw it myself .

They would happily have seen lurcher and terrierwork banned  if it meant hunting were to continue as before .

If what you are saying is right it’s something I’ve not come across yet .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, foxdropper said:

What a load of shite you wrote here mate .Where are all these wounded animals .It happens but everyone I know goes out there way to rectify mistakes with follow up dogs and humane despatch .

Ive despatched deer brought down by your supposed  dog enthusiasts .

The blame for any ban lies squarely with those who’s supposed passion is working dogs myself included .What have we done ,seriously what has anyone of us ever done to promote dog work .Stop end is supposedly some sort of ambassador but how many of you have heard or seen him speak out to defend it in public .He may be doing sterling work but I’ve certainly never read anything he’s wrote or said .Behind closed doors means nothing ,it’s the public view that matters .

Forget ministers acting alone on their own feelings .They would sell their granny if it meant another day in power .The public feeling is where changes are made .

Too many arseholes on Facebook and Instagram posing with bully types and foxes ,hares and deer ffs .The media is what killed the game fed by morons to the woke members of the public who shout louder than those who only wish to live and let live .We all seem to just let shit happen though and seem happy to lose our freedoms ,our working lines and heritage to the woke uprising that is the scourge of the land .Instead of standing up and saying you are not taking our freedom we seem ok to compromise ,forever on the back foot .

If you lads want all you hold dear to remain legal and be able to hold your heads high then ffs do something about it .Tell those who wish to ban it it’s not happening .Grow a pair and stick up for you way of life ,it’s fecking embarrassing .

Im out the game now but if and when they come for shooting I’ll be standing up for it ,you bet your life ,will you for your dogs ?

Lol why would there be video footage of Me defending terrier work in Ireland at any ministerial meetings? Why would I make the submissions I wrote for northern Ireland public they were purely for stakeholders eyes... I've been to many a meeting behind closed doors with politicians and LACS and all the rest don't you be worrying about my C.V. old boy... I confront them head on I don't run.

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Did you speak out on that day and ask what the f**k they think they are saying mate or did you just shrink back into your big coat .

Not a personal attack by the way ,just a generalisation .You all need to fight to retain your rights and lifestyle as nobody else will on your behalf’s .

How many lurched men would have thrown the hunts under the bus if it would have saved lurched work and coursing ?

Not me, as I course, hunt and shoot……but people can be very selfish when it comes to protecting their own.

Problem as I see it, we ALL marched against the Hunting Act, but as soon as it was enforced, we all went our separate ways in support of our own peculiar field sports.

The Countryside Alliance didn’t just stop supporting coursing and lurched work, the turned against us !!! 

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
35 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Rewind Stiffy mate .What you’ve wrote is what I’ve said too .I havnt said dog casualties outweigh rifle shot foxes but round here the dog lads target the fallow with shite dogs and the result is tucked up deer with guts hanging out .Been to enough to be able to state it as fact .

Yes stuff gets wounded by either side but it’s what happens after that ,that I makes and shapes the man .

Im well aware shooting will be next mate as I’ve written if you’ll read the posts rather than blurt out the obvious .

As for lads shooting big bags of foxes ,yes it happens but only happens where there a huge excess of foxes to shoot .I don’t get dog lads moaning about fox numbers on someone else’s ground .

Round here the fox population is never ending mate .Could shoot 3 foxes a night every night the year and there would be 3 more there next night .
You appear to be targeting the wrong opponent mate as I’m on your side .Always have been and always will be .

You dog lads have a choice ,either stand up and tell them you arnt going to stop no matter what and to leave it alone  or forever be looking over your shoulders .It’s not going away is it .

got to agree mate a fox isn’t really looked at twice compared to a deer ragged to bits by multiple dogs stomach out left 

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Did you speak out on that day and ask what the f**k they think they are saying mate or did you just shrink back into your big coat .

Not a personal attack by the way ,just a generalisation .You all need to fight to retain your rights and lifestyle as nobody else will on your behalf’s .

You don't need to ask that I don't hold back 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Lol why would there be video footage of Me defending terrier work in Ireland at any ministerial meetings? Why would I make the submissions I wrote for northern Ireland public they were purely for stakeholders eyes... I've been to many a meeting behind closed doors with politicians and LACS and all the rest don't you be worrying about my C.V. old boy... I confront them head on I don't run.

All the talk behind closed doors means f**k all Mark .Will you stand up and tell the public your not having your lifestyle taken away or will you argue with those who’s minds are already made up .

Why would you not make it public ?

Like I said before .Politicians don’t act on their beliefs ,they act on what they perceive is public opinion and what’s perceived to be in the public interest .It’s not the individuals that need telling it’s the wider public and as yet I don’t remember a single fellow standing up and saying anything for the public to hear .

Your  CV might be long and shiney but it’s done Sweet FA to save dog work .

• Like 1

I get were your coming from foxdropper but how many times have you seen folk take shots at birds well out of range and (goose shooters are the worst ) they have pricked them I bet there's big numbers every season just because they saw someone on YouTube do it as a example I shoot a place were next door 2 lads shoot they don't even own a dog between them yet shoot over some fields and gullies full of water im forever picking there birds up dead or injured I shot a fox in October that could hardly move looked like it had been shot in the back end I bet it was them and I could give a lot more examples of the shooting communities as I could dog lads to be fair but the big  difference is your basc csa ect have no time for dog lads shooting is were the money is wining and dining the right folk to keep there sport 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

All the talk behind closed doors means f**k all Mark .Will you stand up and tell the public your not having your lifestyle taken away or will you argue with those who’s minds are already made up .

Why would you not make it public ?

Like I said before .Politicians don’t act on their beliefs ,they act on what they perceive is public opinion and what’s perceived to be in the public interest .It’s not the individuals that need telling it’s the wider public and as yet I don’t remember a single fellow standing up and saying anything for the public to hear .

Your  CV might be long and shiney but it’s done Sweet FA to save dog work .

Lol... Of course I've spoken out in public I've defended terrier work to the very top been on live radio and all... You know nothing about me so stop letting on you do you weirdo...ask Barrie Wade about my CV so..I don't need to shout nothing I do it ... unlike yourself who just seems to chat silage... Lol you loved your terrier work but gave up ..sure you only done rats under chicken sheds... 

• Like 1