Stand up for ourselves

27 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I'd say most lads who work lurchers don't see working around terriers/end of dig work as the role for them.. 

The bottom line is for the majority of lads with lurchers, running game is there passion, be that night or day, the laws are in force to prevent the majority of these activities. Scotland has now passed the law on rabbits so if you want to run a dog you are breaking the law.... there is nothing left to lawfully run a lurcher on..

We are restricted in the England/Wales to rabbits only being within the laws of the land to run a dog.... the true work of a running dog is fast becoming exempt, lads have to make the choice everytime they slip the dog on the potential outcome if caught...

make the choice everytime they slip on the potential outcome if caught 

hasn’t it always been like that for the majority mate ?

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They basically banned hunting with running dogs in 2005, apart from rabbits on permission . I never had permission before or after the ban, but I kept hunting. This shite law will affect me

As everyone reading this is no doubt aware this week was a dark dark day for Scottish hunters with all kinds of actual killing of animals with dogs (bar rats and mice) completely banned by the Scottis

Nothing will ever be overturned... doesn't matter who takes care of the Helm and how much noise we all make...accept it's over,the only thing that is certain,is they will keep chipping away at what ev

Posted Images

3 hours ago, stop.end said:

Wtf are you on about you complete clown... I still bring a lurcher when out with terriers some days... Why?

Incase a fox bolts and I can't get a safe shot off due to livestock or many many other litigating circumstances... Fox bolts lurcher catches and dispatches the fox in a quick humane manner... Absolutely no laws broken and a fox has been dispatched job done quickly cleanly and humanely... if I'm on a pest control call out at night again due to specific reasons the lurcher will be tool of choice again done quickly cleanly quietly and humanely... Job done...I can defend that all day in any court of law or court of morals and ethics....

What we can't and won't defend is the baiting of any animals in stop ends or above ground or anything else...

Cruelty can't be defended and unfortunately the younger generation have been misled into the difference in hunting and wildlife management and conservation and how to respect all quarry...

To feking mong's .... 

So reply all you want with your usual silage... Good evening.

pack it in mate for f**k sake who you trying to kid

• Like 2
On 29/01/2023 at 22:38, Aussie Whip said:

I don't think they understand that a lot of shot animals escape to die a lingering death compared to next to none when hunting with dogs. A lot of prey animals get chased by predators on a daily basis so I don't think this stresses them out too much.

What a load of shite you wrote here mate .Where are all these wounded animals .It happens but everyone I know goes out there way to rectify mistakes with follow up dogs and humane despatch .

Ive despatched deer brought down by your supposed  dog enthusiasts .

The blame for any ban lies squarely with those who’s supposed passion is working dogs myself included .What have we done ,seriously what has anyone of us ever done to promote dog work .Stop end is supposedly some sort of ambassador but how many of you have heard or seen him speak out to defend it in public .He may be doing sterling work but I’ve certainly never read anything he’s wrote or said .Behind closed doors means nothing ,it’s the public view that matters .

Forget ministers acting alone on their own feelings .They would sell their granny if it meant another day in power .The public feeling is where changes are made .

Too many arseholes on Facebook and Instagram posing with bully types and foxes ,hares and deer ffs .The media is what killed the game fed by morons to the woke members of the public who shout louder than those who only wish to live and let live .We all seem to just let shit happen though and seem happy to lose our freedoms ,our working lines and heritage to the woke uprising that is the scourge of the land .Instead of standing up and saying you are not taking our freedom we seem ok to compromise ,forever on the back foot .

If you lads want all you hold dear to remain legal and be able to hold your heads high then ffs do something about it .Tell those who wish to ban it it’s not happening .Grow a pair and stick up for you way of life ,it’s fecking embarrassing .

Im out the game now but if and when they come for shooting I’ll be standing up for it ,you bet your life ,will you for your dogs ?

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

What a load of shite you wrote here mate .Where are all these wounded animals .It happens but everyone I know goes out there way to rectify mistakes with follow up dogs and humane despatch .

The blame for any ban lies squarely with those who’s supposed passion is working dogs myself included .What have we done ,seriously what has anyone of us ever done to promote dog work .Stop end is supposedly some sort of ambassador but how many of you have heard or seen him speak out to defend it in public .He may be doing sterling work but I’ve certainly never read anything he’s wrote or said .Behind closed doors means nothing ,it’s the public view that matters .

Forget ministers acting alone on their own feelings .They would sell their granny if it meant another day in power .The public feeling is where changes are made .

Too many arseholes on Facebook and Instagram posing with bully types and foxes ,hares and deer ffs .The media is what killed the game fed by morons to the woke members of the public who shout louder than those who only wish to live and let live .We all seem to just let shit happen though and seem happy to lose our freedoms ,our working lines and heritage to the woke uprising that is the scourge of the land .Instead of standing up and saying you are not taking our freedom we seem ok to compromise ,forever on the back foot .

If you lads want all you hold dear to remain legal and be able to hold your heads high then ffs do something about it .Tell those who wish to ban it it’s not happening .Grow a pair and stick up for you way of life ,it’s fecking embarrassing .

Im out the game now but if and when they come for shooting I’ll be standing up for it ,you bet your life ,will you for your dogs ?

respect fox dropper i  but i will die a dog man

• Like 1
3 hours ago, foxdropper said:
On 30/01/2023 at 09:38, Aussie Whip said:

What a load of shite you wrote here mate .Where are all these wounded animals .It happens but everyone I know goes out there way to rectify mistakes with follow up dogs and humane despatch

I'm sure the majority of shooters try to do the right thing when they wound their target but what about the weekend warriors and yahoos, we have plenty of these over here who just dont care. If you tell me you have never lost a shot animal you are either lying or haven't done much shooting because it happens. When the dogs are on something it either gets away and lives or it's caught mostly, finished by the hunter or the dogs. The wounded, shot animals have mostly died out of sight and most shooters don't have dogs. Shooting to me isn't sporting at all and sometimes not a humane way of culling animals. So not a load of shite at all.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, foxdropper said:

They won't come for shooting 

10 hours ago, mC HULL said:

make the choice everytime they slip on the potential outcome if caught 

hasn’t it always been like that for the majority mate ?

Yes mate it has if your not running rabbits, but now in Scotland you can't even use the excuse of out running rabbits on permission..

I'm a firm believer in keep your head down and enjoy what you do, but the spotlight is back on hunting and particularly hunting with running dogs... its changed massively in Scotland there is no real reason to legally keep a running dog there now... sad times mate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

Was the shooters that wanted lurcher work banned to save thete own dogs flushing and retrieving  as said unite f**k that there c..ts 

Not this shooter mate nor anyone I know either .That suits you at the moment when when your game is under fire ,to blame anyone else bar those involved for not standing up for it .

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I'm sure the majority of shooters try to do the right thing when they wound their target but what about the weekend warriors and yahoos, we have plenty of these over here who just dont care. If you tell me you have never lost a shot animal you are either lying or haven't done much shooting because it happens. When the dogs are on something it either gets away and lives or it's caught mostly, finished by the hunter or the dogs. The wounded, shot animals have mostly died out of sight and most shooters don't have dogs. Shooting to me isn't sporting at all and sometimes not a humane way of culling animals. So not a load of shite at all.

I’ve lost stuff mate but I’ve also had to shoot fallow deer that have been pulled by shite  lurchers and left to die .Shooting is as humane as it gets done by the right people as is lurcher work ,done by the right people .We arnt so different mate and I’m not defending shooting any more than dog work .I enjoy it all .Trouble us over here mate ,there are the factions that give the dog game and shooting a bad rep but nobody seems to out bad practice .Each and everyone of those on this thread will have witnessed something they knew to be wrong but I’ll bet not many spoke out at the time .Most shooters here have or have access to a tracking dog of some sort .Any dog will blood trail ,easiest thing in the world to train for .

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Black neck said:

They won't come for shooting 

I think they will mate .We are already seeing restrictions as to what bullets we can use .They are wanting a blanket ban on lead and of course tge alternative costs a fortune .Some will give up based on that I know they will .

At the moment 20 x.243 bullets are £30 .The copper heads are £78 a box for 20 .Shotgun carts even more expensive in lead alternative .

£180 for 250 lead carts and £370 for bismuth .

I truly sympathise with you dog lads but feel you will let it slip away and say nothing .

Now is your time to stand up and be counted ,you’ve nothing to lose .Most of you havnt a firearms to lose for dissent .

Write to your mp ,write to the sporting press ,the papers .Do whatever it takes to highlight the fact your arnt going to put up with anyone taking your civil right to hunt and provide for your family and friends .

Again ,this  really is your last stand lads .

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I’ve lost stuff mate but I’ve also had to shoot fallow deer that have been pulled by shite  lurchers and left to die .Shooting is as humane as it gets done by the right people as is lurcher work ,done by the right people .We arnt so different mate and I’m not defending shooting any more than dog work .I enjoy it all .Trouble us over here mate ,there are the factions that give the dog game and shooting a bad rep but nobody seems to out bad practice .Each and everyone of those on this thread will have witnessed something they knew to be wrong but I’ll bet not many spoke out at the time .Most shooters here have or have access to a tracking dog of some sort .Any dog will blood trail ,easiest thing in the world to train for .

Sorry mate , I’m not having that the damage or find by dogged deer is anywhere near as prevelant as the finding of foxes that have had a leg knocked off by a 22250 down the beam. 

I barely know a single foxing lad who hasn’t ended up dispatching a shot fox , as for most shooters having a tracking dog , for the responsibile deer shooters possibly but most aren’t that far away from the lurcher lads on social media your decrying . I’ve seen vids of lads shooting into the high teens of foxes a night from driving round with night vision scopes and rifles that are gadgets 

make no mistake , you lot will be next . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Not this shooter mate nor anyone I know either .That suits you at the moment when when your game is under fire ,to blame anyone else bar those involved for not standing up for it .

That's fact mate I know the Internet hasn't  helped but the shooters asked for a all out ban on lurcher work to save there own dog work the ban will not affect me in the least not saying feck the ban but just need to travel more and be a bit more careful  when out and about as for standing up for you can't beat the government  and that's another fact