Such a shame

7 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I spent last Christmas in Poland at a mates house. Carp was one of the dishes and it was surprisingly good. I’ve had it before and it was shit. They were telling me that in the old days they would catch a carp and stick it in the bath for a few days to clear out the mud flavour. In fairness all the traditional food was crazy good, especially the pickled fish and eggs. Flaki was another dish that was really tasty. All washed down with bottles of vodka ?

Gonna go back to Warsaw to have a proper visit in summer. 

I didn't like any of the polish food I tried, all processed pork and pickled veg ?

Fernely whittenstall did a grass carp once 

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Filth ! The powers that be can't fill this country with the worlds scum quick enough ,pity anyone with young kids ,

Anyone remember when Matt Hayes went pike fishing in poland?There for a week and caught absolutely nada.

Polish lads Paulus .

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I didn't like any of the polish food I tried, all processed pork and pickled veg ?

Fernely whittenstall did a grass carp once 

My mates dad does all his own cured/smoked meats and pickles. Didn’t dislike anything if I’m honest. Flaki was by far my favorite. That and the home made alcohol. He packed me off to the airport with a load of meats, pickles homemade fresh horseradish and 3 bottles of home made liquor, one of which I drank on the plane :laugh: (pigwa - quince, aroniówka - chokeberry & czarna - I think fig). The homemade vodka was easily the best I have ever tasted.

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, mushroom said:

My mates dad does all his own cured/smoked meats and pickles. Didn’t dislike anything if I’m honest. Flaki was by far my favorite. That and the home made alcohol. He packed me off to the airport with a load of meats, pickles homemade fresh horseradish and 3 bottles of home made liquor, one of which I drank on the plane :laugh: (pigwa - quince, aroniówka - chokeberry & czarna - I think fig). The homemade vodka was easily the best I have ever tasted.

Didn't a gang of them blow up a warehouse on an industrial estate over here the other year producing Vodka ?.

4 hours ago, paulus said:

Didn't a gang of them blow up a warehouse on an industrial estate over here the other year producing Vodka ?.

I actually met an Eastern European bootlegger in the UK,a woman,and she was smuggling cigarettes from Ukraine.

6 hours ago, mushroom said:

I spent last Christmas in Poland at a mates house. Carp was one of the dishes and it was surprisingly good. I’ve had it before and it was shit. They were telling me that in the old days they would catch a carp and stick it in the bath for a few days to clear out the mud flavour. In fairness all the traditional food was crazy good, especially the pickled fish and eggs. Flaki was another dish that was really tasty. All washed down with bottles of vodka ?

Gonna go back to Warsaw to have a proper visit in summer. 

At least someone likes it mush lol

How you getting on?