Scotland abu

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally,...I feel that if there is ever a ban on rabbit hunting/control,.... it will cause a lot of problems , not only to Farmers and Growers, but also for Land Managers , Railway embankments, Mot

Frankly it’s horrible time to be alive in a lot of ways. Trans bullshit, woke madness, immigrants murdering fold, can’t think the wrong thought without being cancelled, division at every turn in socie

We blew our chance of making an impact when 750,000 of us like minded marched on London without any hassle we could of drew media attention from around the world and caused so much shit not just on th

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, harryshounds said:

But who wants to be dealing with solicitors just to do a bit of rabbiting??? It's a massive own goal not keeping rabbits, which are pests, in with rats and mice. 

Absolutely, my read of it is you could ferret with a dog as the nets arguably constitute the primary method of capture and the dogs arguably search for rabbits evading nets. But you need a solicitor / test case to confirm and surely a landowner will be nervous about giving permission as I see they could be prosecuted as well. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Luckee legs said:

Absolutely, my read of it is you could ferret with a dog as the nets arguably constitute the primary method of capture and the dogs arguably search for rabbits evading nets. But you need a solicitor / test case to confirm and surely a landowner will be nervous about giving permission as I see they could be prosecuted as well. 

It's a fckn minefield mate, I think sometimes it's the solicitors lobbying for the changes in the law

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

Does this law allow the use of a lurcher to mark rabbits to ground for netting and ferreting, what happens if a rabbit bolts and your lurcher catches it before you can shoot it, lawyers gonna be busy up there I reckon

Lurcher catching rabbit = offence.

Why risk it ?

Is Scotland just a basket case?? Can't see lurcher work on rabbits going anywhere else? Not in a long time. Most people that I've met that don't like the idea of fox hunting with hounds never have an issue with lamping rabbits tbh. Not entirely sure but I'd say catching rabbits with dogs is ok everywhere except Scotland now.

• Like 1

WE where sold down the river a long time ago by wee jimmy krankie with Airgun licences and snaring licences and now this she can do what she wants , as this and every time she fecks up shouts INDEPENDANCE and all the looneys vote for her 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

When I posted something a while back on this exact issue , the usual suspects of sasc , nfu, wild Scotland etc were listed as stakeholders , along with people such as the sspca, 

do you honestly think that the word “lurcher “ was mentioned at all in these meetings ?? Absolutely not . These people aren’t just not our friends , they are the people who despise the running dog lad 

I thought I'd ask at local shoot if any beating was available and at first everything going fine until he see 2 lurchers in back of me motor and by look on his face I new I had no chance,he even called the farmer when he see me rabbiting few weeks back stating I don't want no dogs running about so put a  stop to it, farmer wasn't to pleased and told him where to go and told me to crack on and he even came over and gave me hand to net up and hold dog on one side of a hedge on slip while I stood the other and we had good couple hours taking bolters 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

Some have risked running stuff for years so why stop now ,

My family have always had running dogs and I intend to keep that going until I can not get out and about 

Why risk jail or a big fine for catching a few poxy rabbits.

They will seek to make an example of people, wouldnt be me .

Freedom is more important than catching rabbits.

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Why risk jail or a big fine for catching a few poxy rabbits.

They will seek to make an example of people, wouldnt be me .

Freedom is more important than catching rabbits.

Of course it "wouldn't be me"

You don't run dogs do you..only shoot ?

After getting my head round this nonsense my take is that the old hunting bill has been completely replaced with a new one that makes any dog killing any mammal other than rats and mice illegal. The confusion yesterday on my part about the 2 dog rule is about flushing game to waiting guns (or nets I assume?), you are allowed to use up to 2 dogs to flush game but not actually kill it. There is no mention anywhere in anything I read about ferreting so I would assume ferreting is still legal (falconry is untouched) but the role of the dog in ferreting I would say is very cloudy indeed. My assumption would be you can use a dog to mark but not catch but good luck enforcing that. If you’re ferreting in Scotland make sure you have some nets or a long net with you or you can’t argue dog is only for marking. The whole thing is a load of complex bullshit and we dog men have been absolutely thrown under the bus (again) with a ferocity that makes me furious. I am down in sussex so this doesn’t affect me yet but wait till Starmer gets in next GE and see them follow suit. The thing that really gets me is the hours and hours of parliamentary time wasted on an issue so unimportant when you think the state of Scotland (and England and wales) at the moment, whilst most modern people don’t like hunting anymore most probably don’t really give a f**k and would rather be able to get seen in a&e in under 14 hours but apparently this is more important to the scum in the SNP. Joke. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1