Advice on Hob for taking Jill’s out of season

Built a double story cage for a hob as I’m finally allowed one after loads of convincing and saying how expensive the Jill jabs are?but once I’m finished the hutch I’m gonna look for a hob around 7 8 months old and get is vasectomised so I can bring my 3 Jill’s out of season. My questions are will one hob be alright on its own obviously in the winter they will be together and in the summer one Jill with go in with the hob, I know hobs fight if they are together unless brothers but I only want one really just for my Jill’s and I won’t be allowed 2 hobs, also the Jill’s will have phantom pregnancy’s so once they are all together in there separate hutch will they be alright, a bit of dragging into the bed I suspect. How long does it usually last until they are out of season, thanks if u read all that just want to clear some things up before I go buying??

I have my vasectomised hob in with Jill’s all year round, I just move him from cage to cage as and when he’s needed, as for the Jill’s dragging each other round it lasts almost all summer, It works for me but these are only my opinions, if your wanting one for bringing your Jill’s out of season this spring you want to be getting one done asap because once they have the snip it takes 6/8 weeks minimum for his live rounds to become blanks too. 

cheers Neil B 

Edited by neil b
More info
  • Like 2