Another Nail...

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nothing better then out in the country walking with the dogs when things are on your mind helped me threw some bad times ?

Must admit i read posts like Francies posts above and others and while i wholeheartedly agree with the content it amazes me that so few people are actually willing to stand up and address why this is

Lol... Fella no one's giving up. Just it's 2023 I've been defending terrier work at the top in Ireland for over 10 years... I still hunt at least twice a week... But what is happening is a major

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That’s not a comparative at all imho 

how many hares can you catch in the back room of a boozer ? 

If your yapping about what you do on an open forum, stating you don't give a f**k about the law on an open forum, putting pins in a map of your where abouts on an open forum... then you obviously don't give a f**k about operation galileo or any other covert police operations on coursing... proper hard core!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Mc hull doesn’t need to explain anything to anyone mate , this is a man who Lamps for thirty miles , can see a sparrow at 800 meters and is an subject matter expert on a plethora of other academia disciplines.  Just common sense really 

? 

58 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That’s not a comparative at all imho 

how many hares can you catch in the back room of a boozer ? 

there thousand a lads still running the dogs that tells you it’s still possible doesn’t it

It’s only a hare for ffs you’d think he was going out to kidnap kids 

mans Been hunting with dogs since before time 

punishments have been much worse in the past and it’s still going a strong as ever. 

every year since the ban came in same war cry every year…. Soon as some one gives up the dogs, it’s finished its finished jobs f****d everyone will be packing them in soon ect ect.  Instead of just putting there hands up and saying they’ve had enough of hunting and moving onto something else always this stigma about of people always wanting to be known as dog men ( no shame in moving onto something different Its big bad world out there loads of things to be trying or having a go at ) 

half the c**ts of this site not along we’re scared to leave the house without wearing a mask …. 

what will be will be if youve got half a brain still plenty of top days to be had out in the fields same old scenario as always though people will talk the talk and people will walk the walk 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

punishments have been much worse in the past and it’s still going a strong as ever. 

every year since the ban came in same war cry every year…. Soon as some one gives up the dogs, it’s finished its finished jobs f****d everyone will be packing them in soon ect ect.  Instead of just putting there hands up and saying they’ve had enough of hunting and moving onto something else always this stigma about of people always wanting to be known as dog men ( no shame in moving onto something different Its big bad world out there loads of things to be trying or having a go at ) 

half the c**ts of this site not along we’re scared to leave the house without wearing a mask …. 

what will be will be if youve got half a brain still plenty of top days to be had out in the fields same old scenario as always though people will talk the talk and people will walk the walk 

Plenty of top days to be had. Things change, always have always will. Hunting will carry on 100%. As Ernest Hemingway once said 'things change, things always will, but have a few drinks and they get pretty much the same as they always were'. 

Don't know about moving on to something new, I just know at the minute, my hearts gone out of things. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

how long as the gamedogs been banned now and lads still at it 

it will be the same with hunting it won’t ever stop 

Difference with hunting compared to gamedogs is you're out in the fields or woods for any nosey rambler to get straight on the blower.Thats without the trail cams that the antis are now very fond of.It wernt too many years ago that we'd dig on embankments on the side of the lanes round hereand if anyone asked what we was up to we'd say"just a bit of fox control"And if they kept on that would change to"piss off and mind your own business"but unfortunately Times,technology and laws are constantly changing.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Plenty of top days to be had. Things change, always have always will. Hunting will carry on 100%. As Ernest Hemingway once said 'things change, things always will, but have a few drinks and they get pretty much the same as they always were'. 

Don't know about moving on to something new, I just know at the minute, my hearts gone out of things. 

My hearts still in it, and always will be as long as there is i breath in my owd bones, i still yearn to be out there, i shall be out tonight fer a couple of hrs, no dog, but to climb over a certain gate, that has to be my limit, then back to my foxes, i knows how to live dont i 

• Like 5
42 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

Good post mate .

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Difference with hunting compared to gamedogs is you're out in the fields or woods for any nosey rambler to get straight on the blower.Thats without the trail cams that the antis are now very fond of.It wernt too many years ago that we'd dig on embankments on the side of the lanes round hereand if anyone asked what we was up to we'd say"just a bit of fox control"And if they kept on that would change to"piss off and mind your own business"but unfortunately Times,technology and laws are constantly changing.

Was a time you’d just get a nod and pass the time of day .The Internet has a lot to do with the downfall of society never mind hunting .

I can remember getting into a bad place near me on my own on a huge sand pit .The foreman came over and  before I knew it there were 8/10 blokes lined up with grafts plus a digger on its way from the far side .

Hate to think what getting caught in a similar place now would entail .

The digital age has been the downfall I’m afraid .

• Like 8
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

there thousand a lads still running the dogs that tells you it’s still possible doesn’t 

1 hour ago, scotty12 said:

What were the worst punishments in the past ? 

Greyhounds having toes removed ? 
sent to Botany Bay ?  

incredulous really