21 minutes ago, socks said:

Puppy supplement milk should only be used for un weaned pups. So if that’s the case their shit is going to be runny. Healthy pups on a good diet don’t need a milk supplement… 

goats milk for em or lactol soak good  kibble in it 

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, socks said:

Puppy supplement milk should only be used for un weaned pups. So if that’s the case their shit is going to be runny. Healthy pups on a good diet don’t need a milk supplement… 

Do you not use it between 4 to 7 weeks during the weaning process to take pressure off the bitch and give the pups that bit extra 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Do you not use it between 4 to 7 weeks during the weaning process to take pressure off the bitch and give the pups that bit extra 

didn’t you read the other thread lads don’t start weaning until 8-10 week ? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

By 4 weeks mine are wolfing down mince no need for a milk replacement just mho 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Nope. At 3 weeks I start weaning them onto a mixed mince meat and allow the bitch to feed them when she wants and as the weeks go by they get mor meat and less off the bitch and by week 6 or 7 they are fully weaned. 

Yeah, I'm with socks on the no milk supplement. By the time they get off the bitch mine are getting bone in their diet from rabbit, chicken and chewing on beef bones. I've seen some pups handle milk but a lot don't and it's not good getting upset guts when they don't need to.

4 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Has anyone tried this before, it’s a good price for 5kg but it’s got onions in the ingredients for some reason and I thought they were supposed to be toxic to dogs 

F67D90DF-8D71-46CF-8520-1BAE368F4FD5.png

id just feed as you normally do mate no one’s ever had a bad pup off ya have they 2 i picked up and the bitch were pristine mate  ? if you’d a been on a similar diet as a young un you might a grown bigger then 4 foot 8  ? ? 

• Haha 2
49 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Yeah, I'm with socks on the no milk supplement. By the time they get off the bitch mine are getting bone in their diet from rabbit, chicken and chewing on beef bones. I've seen some pups handle milk but a lot don't and it's not good getting upset guts when they don't need to.

it’s variety mate goats milk good kibble mince bony mince organs even things like porridge and honey your feeding them that many times a day you may aswell ? 

30 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it’s variety mate goats milk good kibble mince bony mince organs even things like porridge and honey your feeding them that many times a day you may aswell ? 

Each to their own ways. I'm not keen on changing diet around though. I knew people on a dairy farm and they had Russells to keep the rats down. They were raised on heaps of milk and always got it, the dogs had teeth the size of a German Shepherd's so milk is ok for some. I still don't think dogs need milk once weaned, it's not natural for them or us either.

• Like 2