• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

s

Them Jagd terriers were all  the rage over here 5 yrs ago...few lads I know imported them...not a patch on a decent Russell or black dog.. didn't take long before they was crossing them to anythi

And in my view,if every yoke you dig,has never been dug before,your dog has not faced an educated quarry,and so MAY NOT have ever been tested to the limit? Just a different angle to it..

Posted Images

2 hours ago, levigsp said:

A lot and perfectly legal.

Levigsp anyone dig badger and release them after the dig,I see the photos of the culled badger,just me wondering on the subject....no other reason for asking

• Like 2

A few years back,.I had a Terrier enthusiast stay with me. 

He was based in Ireland, and used a robust type of Sealyham Terrier mix,...to dig the Badgers...

He made a point of telling me, how they always released the quarry once the dog had worked it well, and only dispatched them, if the Farmer requested it. 

Tom was a  really nice guy,...I taught him Mole Trapping (what a waste for an Irish pester, eh?) and I also showed him how to cull a colony of Prairie Dawgs?

In return, he offered me the hunting holiday of a lifetime,....sadly,.I never crossed the sea to accept his hospitality....

Too late now....?

• Like 3
  • levigsp changed the title to s