Van conversion

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just in the process of doing one up myself, I bought one part converted ish,  but gonna rip it all out and start again and add windows roof vent and get rid of double bed as it will just be for me and

2016 Nissan NV400 *Medium Wheel Base Van For Sale for sale in Cork for €10,750 on DoneDeal WWW.DONEDEAL.IE 2017 Nissan NV400 Medium Wheel Base High RoofExcellent condition very

There talking about charging them to park and banning wild camping as well unless your a transgender 

Posted Images

On 24/01/2023 at 07:14, Qbgrey said:

That vid she’s using all 18mm ply?? Won’t that be really heavy Combined with all the other stuff in it.I think I’d go twin wheel also just for a bit of wieght distribution

3mm be just the job

On 24/01/2023 at 07:14, Qbgrey said:

That vid she’s using all 18mm ply?? Won’t that be really heavy Combined with all the other stuff in it.I think I’d go twin wheel also just for a bit of wieght distribution

Would think you need something that would bend a bit as the inside of a van is seldom straight high tops especially tend to taper in, only advantage of heavy ply would be you could hang cupboards etc straight on it ?

9 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

We're still searching for the right van,looked at a few,most have mental mileage,a lot are battered to fuk,....so we'll hardly have it up and running by this summer...

Vans are making stupid money at the minute jigsaw, I'm after something decent at the minute myself but refuse to pay the stupidly high asking prices. 

• Like 1

Everybody's at it since lockdown lads,vans,campers,motorhomes are through the roof...silly cnuts are paying 30 k plus for a 10 k work van with 3 k conversion and a few windows...can't swing a cat round in them?

friends of mine bought a 15 plate transporter,freshly converted for 36k..for 2 adults and a 5 yr old ...my mate got to kip outside in the awning ?...didn't even come with parking sensors or camera ?14 months later it's up for sale...looked down their noses when we told them to buy a proper motorhome...all about the image for some folks...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Everybody's at it since lockdown lads,vans,campers,motorhomes are through the roof...silly cnuts are paying 30 k plus for a 10 k work van with 3 k conversion and a few windows...can't swing a cat round in them?

friends of mine bought a 15 plate transporter,freshly converted for 36k..for 2 adults and a 5 yr old ...my mate got to kip outside in the awning ?...didn't even come with parking sensors or camera ?14 months later it's up for sale...looked down their noses when we told them to buy a proper motorhome...all about the image for some folks...

Having sold, repaired and thoroughly cleaned hundreds of motorhomes. Unless its for your own use and you really want to do a conversion then don't bother, Buy a proper one or even better still just book a hotel. I would never entertain the idea of personally owning one, They are all damp, trust me, I have seen £70,000. One year old vans that have done under 3000 miles that are as rotten as a pear. The older ones are wooden framed and wooden floored so will always be wanting work done on them, Money pits, stay well clear Lol. 

3 minutes ago, paulus said:

Having sold, repaired and thoroughly cleaned hundreds of motorhomes. Unless its for your own use and you really want to do a conversion then don't bother, Buy a proper one or even better still just book a hotel. I would never entertain the idea of personally owning one, They are all damp, trust me, I have seen £70,000. One year old vans that have done under 3000 miles that are as rotten as a pear. The older ones are wooden framed and wooden floored so will always be wanting work done on them, Money pits, stay well clear Lol. 

agreed mate,we take out all the soft furnishings and have a small oil heater on a thermostat when it's parked up for winter ?