3/4 bull 1/4 greyhound

12 hours ago, moonlighter said:

I had a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull.. wouldn’t have another.. looks like an RSPCA case after a while.. coat too thin, skin always getting scratched… not enough fat around the body, so just looked in a sorry state if I was lamping 2/3 times a week.  
the best ones I’ve seen have been bull/grey to bull/grey for many generations, so you couldn’t really work out the percentage. 
I’ve seen a pure bull work too… that was the perfect terrier man’s dog for what it was bred for..about the size of a red lab if you didn’t really know what you were looking at.. probably wouldn’t catch a bolting fox, but the owner next bolted many foxes.. 99% of what he worked was dug too.. 

If it cant catch a bolted fox it aint really much of a terriermans dog is it?

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

maybe easier to find a nice racy 3/8 5/8 bull grey  or source a generation bred half X??

I ment as in more of an all-rounder Ron,a racy 3/8 5/8 would give you more options to run?  

Agile and fast, line bred half cross

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, downsouth said:

If it cant catch a bolted fox it aint really much of a terriermans dog is it?

Suppose it depends, as like I say, the lad who keeps this , 99% don’t bolt. He’s got bull greyhounds, but they’re taller and longer legged.. he prefers the shorter coupled dog for his terrier work. I’ve seen it once and it impressed me.. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, moonlighter said:

I had a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull.. wouldn’t have another.. looks like an RSPCA case after a while.. coat too thin, skin always getting scratched… not enough fat around the body, so just looked in a sorry state if I was lamping 2/3 times a week.  
the best ones I’ve seen have been bull/grey to bull/grey for many generations, so you couldn’t really work out the percentage. 
I’ve seen a pure bull work too… that was the perfect terrier man’s dog for what it was bred for..about the size of a red lab if you didn’t really know what you were looking at.. probably wouldn’t catch a bolting fox, but the owner next bolted many foxes.. 99% of what he worked was dug too.. 

Yep, nice 2nd gen 1x pit xgrey, make great lurcher, enough pace, not bad wind for this type x, I have seen few race 1xs, there not all 80lb  heavy things, plenty 70lb dogs, that kill and cat ch foxes, day/night. 

19 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

Just been offered a 3/4 bull x 1/4 grey, very well bred apparently, 25 yrs ago maybe, not a chance now

19 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

Just been offered a 3/4 bull x 1/4 grey, very well bred apparently, 25 yrs ago maybe, not a chance now

Pup

9 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Ffs furg I've just realised I've bin talking about 34 greyhound and the op was on about reverse 34

Will I ever learn ? 

Don't know, blacky lol.

I just thought that something could be sorted, concerning the o p and the pup bakerboy has been offered.  ?

Edited by shaaark
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Don't know, blacky lol.

I just thought that something could be sorted, concerning the o p and the pup bakerboy has been offered.  

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Don't know, blacky lol.

I just thought that something could be sorted, concerning the o p and the pup bakerboy has been offered.  ?

I've gone