3/4 bull 1/4 greyhound

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

maybe easier to find a nice racy 3/8 5/8 bull grey  or source a generation bred half X??

I ment as in more of an all-rounder Ron,a racy 3/8 5/8 would give you more options to run?  

Agile and fast, line bred half cross

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

maybe easier to find a nice racy 3/8 5/8 bull grey  or source a generation bred half X??

That would be the way I would reckon they be 2 much greyhound else ,that blackun I had bred that way bust his neck and every other dog out the litter ended up dead bar 1 bitch that don't do ote ,but each there own 

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

That would be the way I would reckon they be 2 much greyhound else ,that blackun I had bred that way bust his neck and every other dog out the litter ended up dead bar 1 bitch that don't do ote ,but each there own 

I've seen a few decent half X's graft...but for me,a good racy  3/8 5/8 bull grey does everything and more...1/2 greyhound is more than enough, anymore and they end up breaking eventually ?

• Like 1

Yes not an easy cross to find. I have other options available, but would like to try this breeding if one was available. If you don’t ask the question you never no what’s about. I would go for half cross generation bred other wise. Personally wouldn’t use 3/8 5/8  back to a greyhound. Just my opinion though. 

Edited by john boy
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've seen a few decent half X's graft...but for me,a good racy  3/8 5/8 bull grey does everything and more...1/2 greyhound is more than enough, anymore and they end up breaking eventually ?

I beg to differ mate , I like a 3/8 but not in same league for heavy work as a good 1/2 , just my view thou ,  like you say 3/4 too much and ones I had it never ended well 

Edited by Big Ron
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

A good 34 can be decent but when u Stert wi more than that they just fall 2 bits from what I seen like

31 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

I beg to differ mate , I like a 3/8 but not in same league for heavy work as a good 1/2 , just my view thou ,  like you say 3/4 too much and ones I had it never ended well 

I ment as in more of an all-rounder Ron,a racy 3/8 5/8 would give you more options to run?

• Like 3

I had a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull.. wouldn’t have another.. looks like an RSPCA case after a while.. coat too thin, skin always getting scratched… not enough fat around the body, so just looked in a sorry state if I was lamping 2/3 times a week.  
the best ones I’ve seen have been bull/grey to bull/grey for many generations, so you couldn’t really work out the percentage. 
I’ve seen a pure bull work too… that was the perfect terrier man’s dog for what it was bred for..about the size of a red lab if you didn’t really know what you were looking at.. probably wouldn’t catch a bolting fox, but the owner next bolted many foxes.. 99% of what he worked was dug too.. 

45 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

I had a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull.. wouldn’t have another.. looks like an RSPCA case after a while.. coat too thin, skin always getting scratched… not enough fat around the body, so just looked in a sorry state if I was lamping 2/3 times a week.  

Not a dig, mate, more of an observation really.  But when I used to lamp regularly, I'd have to practically double the amount I fed my dogs, compared to when they weren't worked regularly.

11 hours ago, shaaark said:

Not a dig, mate, more of an observation really.  But when I used to lamp regularly, I'd have to practically double the amount I fed my dogs, compared to when they weren't worked regularly.

It wasn’t lack of food. She was just one of those types… didn’t carry any weight, poor coat and skin… probably because she was 3/4 greyhound.. I’m not saying they were all like that as she’s the only one I had… even a days ferreting with brambles etc, she would come back with scratches all over her.. her back legs were nearly bold to be honest.