Tight budget NV....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had them on all winter. Can't wait to take them off, getting crusty now!

I will be buying a lottery ticket when we see our mate sausagedog with a thermal ?  In all fairness whatever he uses it brings great content to the forum        

Techno techno techno!! 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Some of you guys I've heard refer to sight mark wraiths.

I see the wraith 4k ultra around £500.

Are they any good?

I'm guessing a picitinny rail would be needed for an 11mm grooved receiver??

I have looked through a wraith and if i was you i would wait until the budget can stretch to one of the new pards, alpex or c50s.

A friend of mine that owns a rfd has just put one of the new pards with lrf on a 204. I am going to help him zero it today weather permitting. He is clueless with any form of technology , so i will at least have a good idea of its capabilities but in daylight. 

• Like 2

Right I zeroed this scope in one shot and took another to check it. It was absolutely spot on. The picture is really very good and we finished up shooting at the hardox fox targets up to 300yds with absolutely no drama whatsoever. Once you have had a flick through the manual it is a very user friendly scope. I was quite impressed with it actually. The laser range finder was spot on as well. This is all in daylight though and I have no idea what it will be like at night. If it is 2/3rds as good in the dark as it is in daylight it will be a usable scope at not too much money.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ianm said:

Right I zeroed this scope in one shot and took another to check it. It was absolutely spot on. The picture is really very good and we finished up shooting at the hardox fox targets up to 300yds with absolutely no drama whatsoever. Once you have had a flick through the manual it is a very user friendly scope. I was quite impressed with it actually. The laser range finder was spot on as well. This is all in daylight though and I have no idea what it will be like at night. If it is 2/3rds as good in the dark as it is in daylight it will be a usable scope at not too much money.

Which one is it Ian?

• Haha 1

Mates just got a new pard. Only had it 2 weeks but accounted for a few foxes. Picture seems better than my c50 but not drone lol. The one thing I would say field of view seems quite narrow like the old pards.

If it was me I would get a secondhand 008. Seen them going for 250 that's a lot of kit for money

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Which one is it Ian?

It is the DS 35 70RF.

1 hour ago, bumpy22 said:

Mates just got a new pard. Only had it 2 weeks but accounted for a few foxes. Picture seems better than my c50 but not drone lol. The one thing I would say field of view seems quite narrow like the old pards.

If it was me I would get a secondhand 008. Seen them going for 250 that's a lot of kit for money

Yes there is always that option too. Although quite a few had mount problems and the quality of the picture is nowhere near the new ones.

22 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Some of you guys I've heard refer to sight mark wraiths.

I see the wraith 4k ultra around £500.

Are they any good?

I'm guessing a picitinny rail would be needed for an 11mm grooved receiver??

If its purely for the NV mate then worth bearing in mind that 4k is only viable during daylight, at night it will revert back to HD. I know @shovel leaner

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 2

This forum is playing up on my phone! I know SL uses the ultra & rates it. 

Although c50s, alpex & ds35 are are all the current best, SD says on tight budget, I feel you there mate! Plenty of pard008s coming up now. And the wraith HD which loads on here use (even stav!) are still good with decent ir torch. 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 2