Any well bred day time litters about or being planned?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

speaking to some old fella walking his dogs few weeks back...was telling me how the 3 dogs he had with him ,was rescued from the Ukraine and Serbia..sold him a sob story and he was 3k down? ...silly o

Think he’s just talking about coursing dogs mate. 

@green lurchers or @sandymere are your men mate pm them 

Posted Images

i know where this lad is coming from, believe or not blokes used to keep day dogs and night dogs, the reason being that night dogs were just kept strictly for lamping and were not taken out in the daytime, due to their owners wanting them to work solely by sight, and if the dog was used in daytime it would use its field craft and scent at night, usually taking off in darkness chasing everthing in,  not good if you were strictly a lamping man, daytime dogs that were kept were used for ferreting, bushing, gunwork and general mooching,so were not used at night, mate of mine long gone now used to keep both types,remember seeing a 1st x collie grey, that was not much cope at night on lamp, wouldnt lift them and used to work rabbits like he was rounding sheep up, he ended up with a lad who just did a bit of daytime work, turned into  a tremendous ferreting dog, caught pheasants and even daytime hares, and yes he was giving every opportunity at nightime work, but never any good,was never entered too early in life, but thats dogs for you,just like people all different.

9 minutes ago, grompz said:

i know where this lad is coming from, believe or not blokes used to keep day dogs and night dogs, the reason being that night dogs were just kept strictly for lamping and were not taken out in the daytime, due to their owners wanting them to work solely by sight, and if the dog was used in daytime it would use its field craft and scent at night, usually taking off in darkness chasing everthing in,  not good if you were strictly a lamping man, daytime dogs that were kept were used for ferreting, bushing, gunwork and general mooching,so were not used at night, mate of mine long gone now used to keep both types,remember seeing a 1st x collie grey, that was not much cope at night on lamp, wouldnt lift them and used to work rabbits like he was rounding sheep up, he ended up with a lad who just did a bit of daytime work, turned into  a tremendous ferreting dog, caught pheasants and even daytime hares, and yes he was giving every opportunity at nightime work, but never any good,was never entered too early in life, but thats dogs for you,just like people all different.

Think he’s just talking about coursing dogs mate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
35 minutes ago, grompz said:

Be easier having a dog do both 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, BobDown said:

My bitch being lined when she comes in to my pals dog both good honest dogs they be about 3/4, saluki bred but run small land often and do job 

IMG_0102.JPG

Any photo of the intended stud dog,she's a rough and ready type,..what height is she Bob..

23 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Any photo of the intended stud dog,she's a rough and ready type,..what height is she Bob..

Ye she's not a bad en works day and night.  Bred off same lines  Pepsi , shorty non Ped whippet x Salukis. She 23 inch tight little bitch. My pals dog is bred right going back to foxy, real good dog better than my bitch. Strong and steady head with an intense style can herd them up. I've non photo  of him. Real chancy breeding these should be good for any land 

Edited by BobDown
  • Like 1