Mooch

1 hour ago, Night Walker said:

Really nice type ?? shame rabbits are so thin on the ground

There is odd few about but all ways in thick cover. A terrier would be more suited but also get me in lot bother. So for Lurcher pup it’s hard going.  Just case of searching out the easier holes and she will find some thing in end. Once penny drops we be in business 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, terryd said:

Yes interesting colours. Has this odd brown on her leg too

Defo a looker mate going for a few hours ferrating tomorrow fist time in years not many here any more but a pal sed he has a farm with few on fingers crossed 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, fred90 said:

in same boat here Terry, never anything in holes, yesterday afternoon after work dog's marked 2 small setts within 60 yards, too late in day to take a ferret sod's fxxking law. 

Yea that sounds about right. Think it’s important to honour pups mark. Once you get going it don’t matter so much 

• Like 3

Well she got to grab a rabbit. Heard a thump and a rustle in thick old hedge. Pup started casting about and wanted to go through the fence. Unknown to me there was bloody fox next door. I could see a one holer tucked away so had a hunch. She wanted to go after the fox so tied her up then cheeky sod walked through to our side and walked across field. She was focused on him so didn’t see the rabbit balled up in the hedge but at least she got a bit of fur in her chops so it will all come together 

Actually got two out the one hole. Just netted the run as couldn’t get it over the hole. You can’t beat it 

A72D2FB5-4C28-485E-93B4-EC8B7388B300.jpeg.8746906f277d036c639c2bee39fcf114.jpeg

7DE93FD2-E362-4CC5-88E4-671568BFB95A.jpeg.8b8304fcc9a893204e32562fa49d2c12.jpeg

• Like 17
3 hours ago, terryd said:

Well she got to grab a rabbit. Heard a thump and a rustle in thick old hedge. Pup started casting about and wanted to go through the fence. Unknown to me there was bloody fox next door. I could see a one holer tucked away so had a hunch. She wanted to go after the fox so tied her up then cheeky sod walked through to our side and walked across field. She was focused on him so didn’t see the rabbit balled up in the hedge but at least she got a bit of fur in her chops so it will all come together 

Actually got two out the one hole. Just netted the run as couldn’t get it over the hole. You can’t beat it 

A72D2FB5-4C28-485E-93B4-EC8B7388B300.jpeg.8746906f277d036c639c2bee39fcf114.jpeg

7DE93FD2-E362-4CC5-88E4-671568BFB95A.jpeg.8b8304fcc9a893204e32562fa49d2c12.jpeg

What sort of size is she up to terry, she looks a nice bitch 

12 minutes ago, neil b said:

What sort of size is she up to terry, she looks a nice bitch 

Cleared 21 think she be 22-23 at push. Nice size. Old fella is 27 so fancied a small dog. Only rabbits I am bothered with or the odd fat rabbit lol so no point having big lump 

Edited by terryd