Bonus fox

Following on from my recent thread about using a rimmy for shooting rats, I went up to the farm tonight and got started. I shot 12, maybe one or two more but they bobbed down the hole with a headache. Just about to call it a night when I scanned around with the spotter and watched this fella making his way up to me. He got to within 25 yards. I flicked on the red light and smacked him straight in the napper. Lights out, he knew nowt about it. A fine fox in great condition. He’s heading to the taxidermist in the morning ??

12816F40-EB30-439B-A7ED-693F5AD88F24.jpeg

• Like 12

7 hours ago, David.evans said:

Not going of the thread , but aren’t most rats shot at less than 25 m , very expensive, when a sub 12 would kill 

you lot have to much ££££?

If I was shooting many yes. I'm only shooting a few when I do my rounds. If there are many I usually use a shotgun. Can't be arsed with a popgun Dave.

• Haha 2
On 13/01/2023 at 07:26, foxdropper said:

Nice one sir .Used properly ,there isn’t much a .22 Wont drop .

Just the same the Police have told me several times to dump my .22LR Pistol and get a bigger calibre!! 

Seems very odd to me when we all know about pistol difficulties that the Police are encouraging me to get a more powerful one.  (I do get it, and I'm looking for one, just seems strange for the police to tell me to get more powerful)

PS anyone know of a .357/38Special Revolver available anywhere, short as possible barrel, they seem like rocking horse doings at the moment!

PPS the .22LR is VERY capable on fox when used properly and a lot bigger things, CLOSE with a Pistol when used properly!

:good:

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Deker said:

Just the same the Police have told me several times to dump my .22LR Pistol and get a bigger calibre!! 

Seems very odd to me when we all know about pistol difficulties that the Police are encouraging me to get a more powerful one.  (I do get it, and I'm looking for one, just seems strange for the police to tell me to get more powerful)

PS anyone know of a .357/38Special Revolver available anywhere, short as possible barrel, they seem like rocking horse doings at the moment!

PPS the .22LR is VERY capable on fox when used properly and a lot bigger things, CLOSE with a Pistol when used properly!

:good:

Contact mjlmilitaria

He is a section 5 dealer.

https://mjlmilitaria.com/