What eats carpets??

Ok, I'm fine with the carpet beetle and moth, but..........

...about 4-5 years back I treated a domestic for carpet beetle, job done, everyone happy.    Just had a call from the client saying the problem is back and it is down to a bug that lives in Chestnut trees!!!!!!!    They tell me their neighbour had the same problem and was told to cut down their Chestnut tree, which they did, and the problem stopped??????   Of course the neighbour doesn't remember what these bugs are called???

My client has 2 Chestnut tress and will never cut the them down.    Is this a wind up, have I missed something here, does anyone know of any chestnut tree bugs that get inside and eat carpet???

Yours

Confused of Reading

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deker said:

...about 4-5 years back I treated a domestic for carpet beetle, job done, everyone happy.    Just had a call from the client saying the problem is back and it is down to a bug that lives in Chestnut trees!!!!!!!    They tell me their neighbour had the same problem and was told to cut down their Chestnut tree, which they did, and the problem stopped??????   Of course the neighbour doesn't remember what these bugs are called???

My client has 2 Chestnut tress and will never cut the them down.    Is this a wind up, have I missed something here, does anyone know of any chestnut tree bugs that get inside and eat carpet???

Yours

Confused of Reading

Got to be a rug muncher joke here somewhere

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Deker said:

Yours

Confused of Reading

If the client believes  that it is a chestnut bug and refuses to remove its habitat from their dwelling , then all you can do is advise them to do so , if they’ve given you the solution but won’t abide by it ,then tell them to get laminated flooring ?

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Deker said:

Cheers

I have spoken to more pals in the business and other than carpet beetle and moth they are scratching their heads!

I think I shall steer round this job!

:good:

yep....some jobs are best just walking away from

Hi Deker sorry to trouble you but not so long ago you had Theoben 22cal 12 shot magazine that you was looking at selling

and i was wondering if you sold it?  as if not then i maybe interested depending on the condition and the price

i did try sending you pm about the magazine but for same reason its saying you cannot receive messages

On 20/01/2023 at 19:13, ukhunter said:

Hi Deker sorry to trouble you but not so long ago you had Theoben 22cal 12 shot magazine that you was looking at selling

and i was wondering if you sold it?  as if not then i maybe interested depending on the condition and the price

i did try sending you pm about the magazine but for same reason its saying you cannot receive messages

435a.jpg.b19b1fe77127b008de5df865504e5e2d.jpg440a.jpg.8f569e9e3771f42d9a261f460915a97f.jpg

Here you go, yes, I still have it.   It was bought as a spare originally and hardly ever used as you can see.

Don't know what is wrong with PM, I'll have a look, if you are interested please try PM again and if it doesn't work get back to me here and I'll let you have my email or phone.

Cheers