Many lads running pure beagles

jcm

Got a bitch pup here 15 weeks old that will be introduced into a little pack we run about with beagles a beagle spaniel few teckles and couple terriers I have only ever owned and fetched on terriers for cover would any of yous treat a beagle the same as in just get it out straight away and let her find he nose or hold her back till next season and start her with her mother sister 

Edited by jcm

the ones Ive had anything to with have been a lot slower to start than the JRs we hunt with. but like most hounds learn well when out as a young dog and have the opertunaty to see the mature dogs do their thing and to follow them around.

Edited by stevemac

I at one point in time ran 6 beagles, however that was going back ten years or so now .Of late Ive decided to once again to hunt a pair of pure beagles instead of the usual cross we run, a terrier x beagle is our go-to breed these days & it's worked well for us, but I miss the sound of a hound when it's eating up the ground in full cry. One is a 15-month-old bitch & the other a male who's only 4 months old & shaping up well. Looking forward to breeding my pair of nutters  &  my plan is to keep all the bitch pups as this will help build up my pack to reasonable numbers .This puppy is a first Cross foxy x a beagle & as you can see he's thrown more to the beagle .

20200510_092214.jpg

• Like 3