Pups for sale

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There aint a lot on here working their dogs regularly. This means a lot of dogs are sitting about in kennels having a miserable life. Then when the dogs don't perform, they get pasted from pillar to p

Yeah,..I gift pups to folk that understand jukels.... I only breed when I need a new youngster,..and when I have made my choice,..I keep it out of the way when lads come to collect theirs. G

I reared a litter 3 years ago,let them all go for 150 or less,cost me loads to feed em and innoculations,never made a profit or broke even,but I never tried to ,but a man is perfectly within his right

Posted Images

On 08/01/2023 at 09:15, Moocher71 said:

No ,not at all but if your breeding a litter of working pups why not put them on here first ,also looking at the bedy grey lurcher threads they good few lads who have asked about pups so maybe give them a chance to get one and the you can pick who you let them  go to 

Like I said I got my first X for 100 so I wouldn't be paying 600 

IMG20221229132959.jpg

IMG20221229132952.jpg

IMG20221223134742.jpg

The puppies you sell or give away are your surplus. They are the ones that you dont want and so you get rid of them at 6 or 8 weeks old whilst they are still babies really. I dont know why it is that people write more about surplus stock than the ones they keep. Once they go they are someone elses property.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, jeemes said:

The puppies you sell or give away are your surplus. They are the ones that you dont want and so you get rid of them at 6 or 8 weeks old whilst they are still babies really. I dont know why it is that people write more about surplus stock than the ones they keep. Once they go they are someone elses property.

Of course ,I'd only take a litter to keep one myself then do my best to place others in good homes and preferably working one's and yes once they gone they gone but it's nice to be able to get a update on how they doing 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

This type thing puts me off breeding my bitch to be honest .. plenty off offers from stud dogs an lads asking when I'm breeding .. the money wouldn't bother me it be that they could end up with some forking ejit or god knows we're or be reared to be nothing but a cure .... witch is why if an when I do ill have a bucket waiting holding back 3 maybe 4 for myself an close pals ...simple.   peace of mind is priceless

• Like 1
On 09/01/2023 at 00:01, harryshounds said:

Hunting 30yrs and one of the things I've learned, the hard way, is the dog game is full of snakes and spoofers. I hunt alone or within a tiny circle and stay well away from most of the 'dog men'.

You want to try racing pigeons ?? trust me you think the dog games bad 

Them deerhound/greyhound x whippets I bred I kept 1 sold 1 £10,1 £30,1 £40 gave 1 for the stud then the other 5 put them up for £50 a pup.At the time they were going for £150 in the countryman’s weekly and I still had idiots ring up hand haggling on the price.So now if I sold a pup they either pay the asking price as they are all selective bred or they can feck off.I’ve gifted pups and never asked for anything back either but when ya dealing with people ya don’t know they either want it or not.

• Like 6
16 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Them deerhound/greyhound x whippets I bred I kept 1 sold 1 £10,1 £30,1 £40 gave 1 for the stud then the other 5 put them up for £50 a pup.At the time they were going for £150 in the countryman’s weekly and I still had idiots ring up hand haggling on the price.So now if I sold a pup they either pay the asking price as they are all selective bred or they can feck off.I’ve gifted pups and never asked for anything back either but when ya dealing with people ya don’t know they either want it or not.

I bred a litter of small lurchers to keep one myself around 8 year ago "bedy whippet X patterdale X non ped whippet and what pups didn't go to family , friends i put  in cmw and  I've never had so many crazy fcukers ring me and in the end 3 stayed within the family and 1 to a ferreting home other 2 went to a women who goes to all the fly ball comps ,

Id like a litter out my bedy grey but they  lot of things that puts me off and maybe I'll buy a pup in 

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I bred a litter of small lurchers to keep one myself around 8 year ago "bedy whippet X patterdale X non ped whippet and what pups didn't go to family , friends i put  in cmw and  I've never had so many crazy fcukers ring me and in the end 3 stayed within the family and 1 to a ferreting home other 2 went to a women who goes to all the fly ball comps ,

Id like a litter out my bedy grey but they  lot of things that puts me off and maybe I'll buy a pup in 

That's why when my mate bred a litter of springer/whippets a few years ago  put the pups that were left on one of the pet home sites and they all found new homes in a matter of day's and he was more than happy with all those who came and took a pup one even being the daughter of a band member of Genesis . He said he could not cope with the idiots if he had put them in the countrymans weekly.

• Like 4
On 20/01/2023 at 00:19, delboy_187 said:

This type thing puts me off breeding my bitch to be honest .. plenty off offers from stud dogs an lads asking when I'm breeding .. the money wouldn't bother me it be that they could end up with some forking ejit or god knows we're or be reared to be nothing but a cure .... witch is why if an when I do ill have a bucket waiting holding back 3 maybe 4 for myself an close pals ...simple.   peace of mind is priceless

Yes, I understand that with big litters, but you'd could be nutting the best ones. 

• Like 3

On 11/01/2023 at 08:06, jeemes said:

Yes, but it's up to you as the breeder to do your best in placing them pups, their destiny is in your hands and that is why you/we should talk about excess pups.

The ones you keep are in you control and I can only speak for myself here. My pups have the best life and the best upbringing and I need not be concerned about those. 

• Like 2
On 20/01/2023 at 09:41, tatsblisters said:

That's why when my mate bred a litter of springer/whippets a few years ago  put the pups that were left on one of the pet home sites and they all found new homes in a matter of day's and he was more than happy with all those who came and took a pup one even being the daughter of a band member of Genesis . He said he could not cope with the idiots if he had put them in the countrymans weekly.

we did the same two years back....litter of 7 i kept two...1 went to somebody we know in the next village....other 4 went on that site....my wife works as an online coach...so is very good at interviewing folk so we did online live chat thing....we are still in touch with all the familys that had them.....

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, TOMO said:

we did the same two years back....litter of 7 i kept two...1 went to somebody we know in the next village....other 4 went on that site....my wife works as an online coach...so is very good at interviewing folk so we did online live chat thing....we are still in touch with all the familys that had them.....

A lot less stressful than dealing with plant pots phoning up after seeing the ad in free ads or the countrymans weekly.

• Like 3