Pups for sale

Yeah,..I gift pups to folk that understand jukels....

I only breed when I need a new youngster,..and when I have made my choice,..I keep it out of the way when lads come to collect theirs.

Given a fair few lurchers away over the years,..I just prefer it that way...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 15

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There aint a lot on here working their dogs regularly. This means a lot of dogs are sitting about in kennels having a miserable life. Then when the dogs don't perform, they get pasted from pillar to p

Yeah,..I gift pups to folk that understand jukels.... I only breed when I need a new youngster,..and when I have made my choice,..I keep it out of the way when lads come to collect theirs. G

I reared a litter 3 years ago,let them all go for 150 or less,cost me loads to feed em and innoculations,never made a profit or broke even,but I never tried to ,but a man is perfectly within his right

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, tank34 said:

I get what your saying , you could probably get twice as much for pups on beddy sites on Facebook to pet home , good luck with pups hope thay get the working homes you want pal ?any pics of greyhound an beddy you used be nice to see ?

cheers Tank,I'll get my daughter to put pics on when she gets home..I'm hopeless ..?

• Like 2

If i am being honest just say i bred an unusual litter of springer spaniel x whippets like my mate did a few year back the pet home sites would be my first choice tbh . I don't get how it's anyone's business what folk charge for pups no one holds a gun to your head to buy one.

• Like 11
10 hours ago, northern lad said:

I'm guessing this is aimed at me...mine are going to working homes..at a decent price...I didn't put them on here because of things like this..you said you would rather breed your own for 600..I think you'll find kenneling,feeding,bedding,cleaning worming  ,jabbing a greyhound year round and rearing a litter will cost treble this..if you're lucky..

ATB  with em pal, Hope all is well with you n yours 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

When you breeding her

I'll take a litter to keep one myself but it's not the right time as my misses waiting for a op so untill I no she's ok Its on hold ,

Bitch is only 4 so plenty time ,I'd put a deerhound X or collie X over her to make a better all rounder

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I'll take a litter to keep one myself but it's not the right time as my misses waiting for a op so untill I no she's ok Its on hold ,

Bitch is only 4 so plenty time ,I'd put a deerhound X or collie X over her to make a better all rounder

Do you really think you need to add another mix heard a few say that 

I reared a litter 3 years ago,let them all go for 150 or less,cost me loads to feed em and innoculations,never made a profit or broke even,but I never tried to ,but a man is perfectly within his rights to ask what ever price he thinks fit,it's up to the buyer to decide whether he wants to spend that kind of money,.

• Like 13
23 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

And if you can't find the right people

? Yeah,..thats a difficult one,..but, it really depends on the type of pup you are trying to home...?

A few dogs (very few) are so 'hot' and prey driven, that it would be both cruel and foolish ,placing them in the hands of folk who quite plainly, cannot handle such critters..

However,..most lurchers and running dog types, will settle in quite nicely in an active family pet role,..so I do not stipulate 'must go to a genuine working home'...

Just as long as a pup, is well cared for and enjoys a healthy, happy life,..that will do me just fine?

Actualy, I've an eye open myself, for a suitable type of youngster , just to play about with, nothing serious, just a good hearted sort for me and the wife to have a mouch with,...hopefully someone with a nice litter will accept my truthful admission, when the time comes, to request a young'un,...because I would never lie about my intensions and asperations, for the future....

I feel sure that I can still give a puppy a worthwhile fullfilling life, even if its not, a  100% working home.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 10
11 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

? Yeah,..thats a difficult one,..but, it really depends on the type of pup you are trying to home...?

A few dogs (very few) are so 'hot' and prey driven, that it would be both cruel and foolish ,placing them in the hands of folk who quite plainly, cannot handle such critters..

However,..most lurchers and running dog types, will settle in quite nicely in an active family pet role,..so I do not stipulate 'must go to a genuine working home'...

Just as long as a pup, is well cared for and enjoys a healthy, happy life,..that will do me just fine?

I've an eye open myself, for a suitable type of youngster , just to play about with, nothing serious, just a good hearted sort for me and the wife to have a mouch with,...hopefully someone with a nice litter will accept my truthful admission, when the time comes, to request a young'un,...because I would never lie about my intensions and asperations for the future....I feel sure that I can still give a puppy a worthwhile fullfilling life, even if its not, a working home...?

Collie x Greyhound pups September 06 021_edited-1.jpg

That’s exactly why any pups I breed don’t go to pet homes it’s just not worth the grief. My dogs are not world beaters BUT they have massive prey drive and need to be worked. Running around the garden with the kids and going on a walk once a day just isn’t going to cut the mustard with these dogs so best to seek out appropriate working homes for them. 

Iv spent almost 30 years around working dogs and only met one or two dogs I’d class as not being able to fit into family life , you’ve only got rabbit dogs , there hardly killing machines mate 

And I read about your last litter the stud dog you used no one even knows where he come from and he couldn’t been that well worked because he was shifted on quiet quickly after you used him at stud 

Edited by Sammyballer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Sammyballer said:

Iv spent almost 30 years around working dogs and only met one or two dogs I’d class as not being able to fit into family life , you’ve only got rabbit dogs , there hardly killing machines mate 

U bitch

• Haha 1