A bulldog man

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im not entirely sure if this will be allowed on here and no problems at all if its binned my apologies i just thought it would be nice to share this old story within the working/sporting dog world abo

Because that was the blood he liked and the dog showed himself as an outstandingly game example of that blood. I'd have thought folk into working/sporting dogs would understand.....obviously not

Good dogs were where you found them mate as the old saying go's. Just to be clear that story wasnt mine its an article that was in the old gamedog mags years ago i just thought it would be nice t

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im not entirely sure if this will be allowed on here and no problems at all if its binned my apologies i just thought it would be nice to share this old story within the working/sporting dog world about a bulldog chap who passed away recently....gameness is a very sought after trait in the bulldog world but seldom is it reserved for dogmen....for me Terry Truman ( Goldeneye ) was the epitome of gameness and fortitude,may you rest in peace brother.....hopefully bulldog lovers of future generations appreciate what this man did for the breed in Britain and Europe.

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

IMG_8056.jpg

IMG_8057.jpg

Good stuff gnash rip

• Like 1
1 hour ago, paulus said:

Champion "Gnasher" 

I always liked the saying " The brightest lights shine for the shortest time " and this lad typified that.

4 short but active years down to a couple of naive,idiotic young lads....beautiful animal,we live and learn.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I always liked the saying " The brightest lights shine for the shortest time " and this lad typified that.

4 short but active years down to a couple of naive,idiotic young lads....beautiful animal,we live and learn.

Don't we just mate, 

Now forgive me as im not all clued up on bulldogs (not my thing), but to leave a dead game dog to die in a pit after he/she has fought to near death and would go that bit further and die fighting is an absolute wanker of a man, surely they would have wanted to breed off it, for me if a dog has gave its best and was beaten  but was pulled out due to being over matched needs to be respected not left to die ffs

1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Now forgive me as im not all clued up on bulldogs (not my thing), but to leave a dead game dog to die in a pit after he/she has fought to near death and would go that bit further and die fighting is an absolute wanker of a man, surely they would have wanted to breed off it, for me if a dog has gave its best and was beaten  but was pulled out due to being over matched needs to be respected not left to die ffs

While i dont disagree with you mate,the logic behind the post was to pay respects to a fine dogman..... not to judge the rights and wrongs of the sport :thumbs:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

And then to screw the man everytime he came back for the dog is a lowlife trick,fair play to the man sticking by the dog

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Weren't alot of those nelis bred dogs known man biters? Something in the line perhaps?

the yanks most likely sent dogs out with bad temperament they wasn’t going to send there best out was they ? 

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

the yanks most likely sent dogs out with bad temperament they wasn’t going to send there best out was they ? 

They may not of known the best were being sent, untested, pups, over dogged and money talks..

8 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Used to hear the name Goldeneye mentioned years ago by some of those who had Bulldogs in Rotherham though compared to the London boys they were rank amateurs as far as the bulldog game went. Great write up Gnash.

Good dogs were where you found them mate as the old saying go's.

Just to be clear that story wasnt mine its an article that was in the old gamedog mags years ago i just thought it would be nice to share it with working dog folk who understand that type of commitment.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1