Cheveral Goldfinch

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What an interesting little thread, love being outdoors love my British wildlife, but always thought a goldie was a goldie, and now I,ve learnt something else nice one lads ??

I'm hopefully working towards breeding proper pied goldies,plenty of lads are breeding them now but they want ridiculous money for them which I can't afford. I have bred more marked mules than in

Pea throat

Posted Images

I'm hopefully working towards breeding proper pied goldies,plenty of lads are breeding them now but they want ridiculous money for them which I can't afford.

I have bred more marked mules than in previous years since using this family of goldfinches.

Screenshot_20221022-131731_Gallery.jpg

• Like 10
6 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Cheers mate . I have never kept birds but have always been interested in them having been around lads who kept them and a few old catchers i have known.

As a kid used to sell eggs to the finch breeders, they were only interested in goldies and bully’s ?

• Like 2

Personally, I'm  not interested in colour variations in British finches. I like them traditionally marked. You can get all sort of colour variations in bullfinches, yellows, whites, pieds etc. To me none look as good as the originals.

There's some good info on YouTube about keeping and breeding British birds. OC aviaries is good. He says he treats his British finches once a month with Baycox to stop them going light and dying.(coccidiosis.)

I've lost all mine in the past with this disease. I'm going to get back into it  and treat my birds monthly as he suggests.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

What an interesting little thread, love being outdoors love my British wildlife, but always thought a goldie was a goldie, and now I,ve learnt something else nice one lads ??

Exactly the same mate..something I've never heard of either..

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, gnipper said:

All them weird coloured bullies are Northern/siberian birds the same with the weird coloured goldies and them siberian goldies sound horrible,I like a nice natural coloured native bird too.

What's the going rate to pay for a pair of 2022 goldies mate? And 2022 bullies?

The Pakis in London sell normal everyday Goldies for 50 quid a go but f****d if id buy anything off them....seen a few that all appear kosher regards rings etc but something aint right.

Like a few have said id go for a nice normal pair of natives over them Sibo ones all day long,beautiful little birds.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

The Pakis in London sell normal everyday Goldies for 50 quid a go but f****d if id buy anything off them....seen a few that all appear kosher regards rings etc but something aint right.

Like a few have said id go for a nice normal pair of natives over them Sibo ones all day long,beautiful little birds.

They truly are a wonder of nature mate.

133007049_10220485539102312_813987629622349232_n.jpg

306.png

3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Loads of birds for sale and not one aviary or parent bird to be seen,same all over the place.

• Like 1