Covered in ticks

Just came back from a few days ferreting and my mates rabbits are covered in liver fluke which isn’t the best but the ferrets are all covered in around 30 small black and white ticks each I just wonder if the burrows and land is covered in them it’s proper dirty like the rabbits look healthy from the outside 

What bearinator and netmaker said ☝️?. There's always ticks and fleas on rabbits and in their burrows. Fleas I am not that worried about and just focus on once a week cleaning of joins and corners in ferret sleeping areas plus bedding change to reduce numbers of fleas in hutches, I rarely treat ferrets themselves with insecticide. Ticks I do deal with straight away (when I see them swelling up with blood, 

• Like 3

Get some food grade diatomaceous earth, from Amazon, dust the ferrets well with it, rubbing it all over and into their fur, and also do the hutch, put in fresh bedding and liberally douse the bedding with the powder too. It's completely non toxic and kills all insects and arthropods by getting into the crevices in their joints and carapaces and thereby drying them out. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1