Lamping last night

Hour or so lamping last night wind and slight rain was perfect although it was not a very dark night, quick spin on some new permission rabbits right in the open was some brilliant sport. 2 in the bag and enjoyed it. He caught one out of the lamp which I was pleased with. 

He missed more than he caught to be honest, I’ve just not done as much lamping as I’d like to with him this was first time out this season, so he’s not quite as polished as he could be. 
He be 2years old on Monday, so this his first season always most  glad to get him home unscathed, had a few bad cuts and tares end of last season when I was starting him off. 

6B3490F6-1723-471F-8F39-F9FE94EF9A2F.jpeg.5bdec4cd1c7548f8b38d4ef1ce754f80.jpeg 

8C8C6D1C-0BE1-452B-B485-2E6241A4D78C.jpeg

803FD9ED-ADD2-4C47-A9B0-B989D092B8C2.jpeg

B6CFEB48-8D98-42AF-B37C-8B23C578778B.jpeg

Edited by Samrog
  • Like 18

6 minutes ago, Samrog said:

Hour or so lamping last night wind and slight rain was perfect although it was not a very dark night, quick spin on some new permission rabbits right in the open was some brilliant sport. 2 in the bag and enjoyed it. He caught one out of the lamp which I was pleased with. 

He missed more than he caught to be honest, I’ve just not done as much lamping as I’d like to with him this was first time out this season, so he’s not quite as polished as he could be. 
He be 2years old on Monday, so this his first season always most  glad to get him home unscathed, had a few bad cuts and tares end of last season when I was starting him off. 

6B3490F6-1723-471F-8F39-F9FE94EF9A2F.jpeg.5bdec4cd1c7548f8b38d4ef1ce754f80.jpeg 

8C8C6D1C-0BE1-452B-B485-2E6241A4D78C.jpeg

803FD9ED-ADD2-4C47-A9B0-B989D092B8C2.jpeg

B6CFEB48-8D98-42AF-B37C-8B23C578778B.jpeg

strong looking young dog, looks the real old fashioned type, hows he bred,full moon here last night, you did well to catch a couple, myself wouldnt run a young dog in those conditions, makes rabbits lamp shy, and hard work on the dog,atb, nice to see your getting out and doing a bit with him,whats he like daytime work, looks a handy type.

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, grompz said:

strong looking young dog, looks the real old fashioned type, hows he bred,full moon here last night, you did well to catch a couple, myself wouldnt run a young dog in those conditions, makes rabbits lamp shy, and hard work on the dog,atb, nice to see your getting out and doing a bit with him,whats he like daytime work, looks a handy type.

Appreciate it mate thanks I’ve been waiting for the perfect night for a few months so just decided to go for it. 
 He’s line bred beddy whip grey. There’s a drop of lakey in there from the beddy as well. I always suspect perhaps some Sal in him but not supposed to be. 
He’s done half a dozen daytime Long ears usally at them quick and aggressive   And as a mooching dog marking cover and hedgerows to the terrier he’s brilliant. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, brambles said:

Smart dog mate I like the look of him, is long as he's catching them he'll keep getting better, might have a wee go mysel the night ?

Thanks mate. I’d forgotten how much I loved it I’ve not been out since Feb he tore his undercarriage open on some barbed wire. I’ll be out again next windy night.