Oven ready

16 squirrels shot today oven ready with FX crown FAC.22 . This gun probably the best .22 FAC running at 35 ftlbs with 18 gr AA fields heavy . Shots from 15 - 55 yards  . If any one thinking about FAC .22 , then definitely have a look at the FX Crown 500mm barrel . I can’t rate it enough Absolutely brilliant gun

CB8FBE49-9CD5-4E81-9B37-AC0A56525ADE.jpeg

• Like 10

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

16 squirrels shot today oven ready with FX crown FAC.22 . This gun probably the best .22 FAC running at 35 ftlbs with 18 gr AA fields heavy . Shots from 15 - 55 yards  . If any one thinking about FAC

Fx impact at 110-115 yards  5 shot group 

Just did a different way tonight. Mixed olive oil , drop of red wine ,  drop lemon juice , Cajun seasoning about 4 teaspoons , pour over squirrel legs from 4 squirrels  , marinate for a few hours or o

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, villaman said:

16 squirrels shot today oven ready with FX crown FAC.22 . This gun probably the best .22 FAC running at 35 ftlbs with 18 gr AA fields heavy . Shots from 15 - 55 yards  . If any one thinking about FAC .22 , then definitely have a look at the FX Crown 500mm barrel . I can’t rate it enough Absolutely brilliant gun

CB8FBE49-9CD5-4E81-9B37-AC0A56525ADE.jpeg

Was watching a vid on YouTube earlier. a bloke in South Africa shooting Monkeys with an Impact using 34grn slugs, he was dropping them at 200yrds odd, unreal. 

You back on pellets instead of the 21gr zan mitch.  Nice shooting, I have just fitted a new feeder yesterday and went to check if they had found it yet, they had so topped up the feeder ready for a session Moday.

Phil

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philpot said:

You back on pellets instead of the 21gr zan mitch.  Nice shooting, I have just fitted a new feeder yesterday and went to check if they had found it yet, they had so topped up the feeder ready for a session Moday.

Phil

Phil , this is what I like about crown , I can turn it to .22 setting and number one on wheel for pellets , then turn it up to .25 settings with wheel on 2 this will give me 42ftlbs with 21 gr slugs with out adjusting any part of the scope for both pellets and slugs . 
use pellets for anything out to 75 ish yards 

• Like 1

The AA Heavy seemed to be a bit tricky to get last year and switched to the JSB variant which is as close as you can get to the AA version.  I will say, and stand to be corrected, the AA Heavy just seems to have the edge over JSB in terms of killing power, might just be in my head but nevertheless given the option, I would use AA Heavy.

Phil

• Like 1
On 06/01/2023 at 19:06, villaman said:

Probably roast some with extra Virgin olive oil , salt, black pepper . Might take meat of a few then make a game pie with squirrel, rabbit , hare, pigeon and pheasant 

Look good they do, dont suppose i could come round yours when youve cooked em please, i will wash up afterwards

I know the fx is good but does it really have the edge on any other fac airgun for accuracy .My rapid Mk 1 ,27 years old will put  pellet on pellet  at 50 yards  and cost a 1/4 of the price even now .

Gunshop owner tried selling me an fx  recently until he realised I had a rapid lol.

Make who’s mad on his airguns had one recently .Top of tge range whatever that is but found it too heavy to cart about hunting and couldn’t get it to rest on quad sticks properly .My rapid has a small bipod on to combat this .

Going to shoot some targets when the weathers better .Out with tonight on  the rats if it dosnt rain .Retro fac suits my wallet ???

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

I know the fx is good but does it really have the edge on any other fac airgun for accuracy .My rapid Mk 1 ,27 years old will put  pellet on pellet  at 50 yards  and cost a 1/4 of the price even now .

Gunshop owner tried selling me an fx  recently until he realised I had a rapid lol.

Make who’s mad on his airguns had one recently .Top of tge range whatever that is but found it too heavy to cart about hunting and couldn’t get it to rest on quad sticks properly .My rapid has a small bipod on to combat this .

Going to shoot some targets when the weathers better .Out with tonight on  the rats if it dosnt rain .Retro fac suits my wallet ???

My fx impact is a brilliant tool really, but they are expensive. I also have a rapid that’s well used but still very accurate. I fitted a quick fill and gauge to bring it more up to date. The impact is more capable with regards to power adjustment and probably for shooting slugs, but is it that much better than the rapid, I don’t know? One thing I do know, I wouldn’t want to ever part with the rapid.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

My fx impact is a brilliant tool really, but they are expensive. I also have a rapid that’s well used but still very accurate. I fitted a quick fill and gauge to bring it more up to date. The impact is more capable with regards to power adjustment and probably for shooting slugs, but is it that much better than the rapid, I don’t know? One thing I do know, I wouldn’t want to ever part with the rapid.

Thanks mate ,an honest opinion .Can you fit the gauge and filler to the Mk 1 ?