Tyres for a Hilux.

On 08/01/2023 at 22:09, walshie said:

West Wales, but think I'm sorted now cheers.?

Cheers for the offer fireman, but way the wrong size. Mine are 265/65/17. As above, think I'm sorted now anyway. ? thanks.

265/65/17 that’s the same size as mine Hi-Lux and Land Cruiser must be the same, I even think the engines are the same D4ds 

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate you best get a vet. I think you ran something over ?

I've got the road ones on the rav4..not been stuck yet?

Yes they are. I’m happy with mine not to noisy on the road and hardly any wear. 

Posted Images

On 05/01/2023 at 00:20, walshie said:

Cooper Discover AT3 for about £600

I had the Coopers on my 99 Nissan Pathfinder for years and only changed them to Bridgestone Duellers because they were that old but the tread was still ok. I have the Bridgestones on my 2011 Hilux and are good on and off road but I don't do really rough four wheeling.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I had the Coopers on my 99 Nissan Pathfinder for years and only changed them to Bridgestone Duellers because they were that old but the tread was still ok. I have the Bridgestones on my 2011 Hilux and are good on and off road but I don't do really rough four wheeling.

He lives in deepest darkest Wales, Imagine a good deluge of rain where you are, then think about that 300 days a year then that may come somewhere close to the state of the terrain around there ?

10 hours ago, paulus said:

He lives in deepest darkest Wales, Imagine a good deluge of rain where you are, then think about that 300 days a year then that may come somewhere close to the state of the terrain around there ?

Ok, might need something dedicated more to off road then.

On 11/01/2023 at 23:38, walshie said:

I don't actually live in a bog. We have roads and everything. Some are just less than motorway quality. ?

What did you go with walshie?!

I wanted something with a bit more bite than the dulers but not over top for the Rd’s

went for these avons at £106 a pop, not bad at all

F21FA6C6-F7A3-4A39-9C23-73AFC584CFE3.jpeg.a5c587bb329d10d8cdcdfd6fe4800ef0.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, si brown said:

What did you go with walshie?!

I wanted something with a bit more bite than the dulers but not over top for the Rd’s

went for these avons at £106 a pop, not bad at all

F21FA6C6-F7A3-4A39-9C23-73AFC584CFE3.jpeg.a5c587bb329d10d8cdcdfd6fe4800ef0.jpeg

They look alright! I read that the AX7 was classed as a summer trye.Haven't made my mind up yet but getting them through my sons company and he's away at the moment.

11 hours ago, walshie said:

They look alright! I read that the AX7 was classed as a summer trye.Haven't made my mind up yet but getting them through my sons company and he's away at the moment.

Know there not the ones you asked about but I’ve had them on my mk8 for  just over 5 months, I’m more than happy with them.. I do a lot of Rd miles but a lot in the forestry and round the fields and crappy back lanes/tracks no problem, never got stuck yet but I don’t go tryin to get it stuck. 

WWW.AVONTYRES.COM

The AX7 is Avon’s All-Terrain tyre designed for drivers wanting all-round on and off road performance.

• Like 1
On 11/01/2023 at 23:50, Aussie Whip said:

DO YOU USE atS OR HTS IN THE BRIDGESTONE DUELLERS i HAVE BEEN THINKING THAT WAY MYSELF. iVE USED bf GOODRIDGE ATSFOR YEARS BUT THINKING OF MAKING A CHANGE FOR MY 2012 HILUX. 

14 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

Very good tyres insa. We've had ares on lamp wagon for 4 seasons now and still going strong. Insa saharas I think they are.

Yeah I have had them before on other trucks. Mainly special tracks but bit excessive for my x trail ?

• Haha 1