Cheap vs Expensive Expensive vs Cheap

I watched both videos with Interest, being a club smallbore (.22 LR) shooter.  WITHOUT BEING RUDE etc my thoughts about this experiment is that this isn't a sensible or practical way to do a test like this and come out with any sort of sustainable result of anything other than an amount of ammunition was shot.

I do not know why it is but ALL American .22 rimfire ammunition is fundamentally very inaccurate.  I bought a thousand Remington std velocity target rounds and they were so different round to round that all they were fit for was barrel warmers.  Other brands just seem to be too fast and all over the place. even the US Olympic shooters use foreign makes. Federal being a manufacturer that has tried hard to make top grade Olympic quantity ammunition.  I shoot an Anschutz target rifle fitted with std iron sights which are a peep hole rear and a ring sight front.  You won't get accurate groups with those orange sticker targets and those targets which sort of explode yellow crap. Cheapo variable power scopes aren't  consistently accurate.    I've taken my field 22lr to the range with an expensive scope fitted and it can't begin to match the iron ring sights fitted on my Anschutz.  The range target is a straight white card with a 51mm black target area shot at 25mtrs.  The bull area is 13 mm which is  indicated by a thin white line. The rear sight hole is about 1mm and the front ring is  3.6 mm.  IF I do my bit and use a good quality round it is possible to shoot a 10 shot one hole group at 25 mtrs.  The trigger is so light that you don't pull or squeeze it, "you think it".  The guys in the videos took no time to settle on the aim.  They were blasting away like a machine gun and using box mags.  The soft lead tips will take a battering being rammed into the box and another being ripped out and over the ramps into the chamber.  None of this is consistent with accuracy.  Go watch a youtube video of the way Olympic prone shooters set up and shoot. There isn't a race to shoot ten rounds off.  It would be interesting to get the trigger on the chepo sorted out, get that junk scope off of it and put a good iron target set on it.  Settle down and get rid of those junk targets.   I did try not to be rude.  But practical.

• Like 1