New football thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

Just now, chartpolski said:

Semantics......I thought all the outrage was about taking money from the blood thirsty Saudis ?

Cheers.

It may surprise you, but I don't make business decisions at Man U. If  I did, I wouldn't touch Saudi money or Glazer money or Ratcliffe money. Maybe I'm naive but I believe in decency. Let's face it the Saudis are implicated in planting the seeds of militant Islamism, in 9/11 and in the blatant murder of people who speak out against their authority. Hardly "fit and proper persons" to own a football club.

7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

It may surprise you, but I don't make business decisions at Man U. If  I did, I wouldn't touch Saudi money or Glazer money or Ratcliffe money. Maybe I'm naive but I believe in decency. Let's face it the Saudis are implicated in planting the seeds of militant Islamism, in 9/11 and in the blatant murder of people who speak out against their authority. Hardly "fit and proper persons" to own a football club.

........or sponsor one ?

Which ever way anyone looks at it, it's still taking money from them.

You still support Man U, I still support Newcastle.

Cheers.

20 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I agree with most of  what you say. Eddie Howe is the  best England manager since Clough,I'm pleased to see him doing so well with a club which has a bit of money to splash about. He deserves it.

As for the Saudi ownership,no, not for me. My club Man U is up for sale and one of the favourites to buy is a Quatari sheikh. I don't want Man U being bought by a sheikh or any big business conglomerate. I would rather the Glazers  went bust and we  ended up in non league. The game has come too remote from the people that made it. I bet 75% of the  crowd at Man U have no connection to Salford whatsoever. Sorry NEWKID and Stiff lol.

Yours,

Bitter old man lol

I f***ing detest united ??

But I do respect everything they stand for as a club 

• Like 1
On 09/02/2023 at 22:14, chartpolski said:

........or sponsor one ?

Which ever way anyone looks at it, it's still taking money from them.

You still support Man U, I still support Newcastle.

Cheers.

As far as I can make out the Saudi  sponsorship deal of Man U has now expired. I wasnt aware of it. Supporters generally aren't aware of sponsorship deals except perhaps the logo on the shirts. You seem to be saying "you are just as guilty as me in accepting "bloodthirsty"  Saudi money". I dispute this.There are reports that the Newcastle owners may sell 'the toon' and buy United.

However I can assure you that if any shady characters buy Man U, especially any medieval Saudi or Quatari sheikh hustlers, my support of Man U will cease. The 'soul' of the club will  completely disappear. Its already on life support.When I was a kid, players were still part of the community. David Pegg, a player who died in the  Munich disaster, lived in the same street as my wife. Many of the players were local lads who represented the people of Salford on the pitch. The Glazers have been a disaster for the club. Saudi ownership would complete a process started by the Glazers. It might mean we could 'buy' more trophies but they would completely kill off the club as a community. The Germans bombed Old Trafford and flattened large parts of my local area. The Munich disaster wiped out many of the team. But we survived and prospered. We would never survive a Saudi takeover. It would kill the team as I knew it stone dead. 

Saudi actions  on 9/11 gave Bush and Bliar licence to release hell on Iraq. This in turn caused thousands of innocent lives to be lost including British troops and civilians. Al Queda has received much of its money from Saudi sources.

Saudi money also led to the founding of hundreds of schools promoting whacko Islamic  fundamentalism which in turn led to terrorist  atrocities throughout the first world.

The main stream media give the Saudis a free pass because of their oil and power  and their connections to America's elite  families, but they literally have gotten away with mass murder.

You seem relaxed about Saudi money, that's your business.  I don't want anything to do with them. It's disingenuous to implicate me in Saudi actions because Man U did a sponsorship deal with the Saudis without my knowledge.

Nobody will give two fucks if I cease my allegiance to my boyhood, birthright club. Its meaningless to everybody but me and my grandkids. However,I don't want to be knowingly involved in supporting a club funded by  what I consider to be a rogue state.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1

Called in to see my vape guru today for essential supplies in keeping off the tabs. This is his shop window. Not massively original now and a few have been spotted. Sad Geordie b###~~~s the rest of the country may think. We don't care, just enjoying the moment. I loved it.

Obviously we have won nothing yet. In the relatively near future that may change. Perhaps Newcastle supporters may become complacent and dismissive of the domestic cup competitions? They may never experience the same joy that we are now, and that would be a shame in a way. So long with nothing to celebrate, in common with many fans of many clubs, but we have hope. For another few weeks anyway, at the very least ? 

20230210_120816.jpg

• Like 1
23 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The gap has become too far....the whole love of football for me was always that its the same game whether its you and your mates playing shirts v skins over the park or Arsenal v Liverpool in the FA Cup Final......but theres just too much now between levels.....just heard today little Southend Utd look like going to the wall....it was only a few years ago they were comfortable in Division 1......if the FA wasnt so busy trying to dictate to society about how progressive and woke everyone should be they could be actively protecting the game and supporting the clubs playing it.

I totally agree mate I look at non league and think I went to the likes of Halifax Wrexham notts county Stockport on a Friday night and many more but  I always like Southend as a club we use to make a night of it and stay over there I would love to see more money passed to the likes of Southend ect at the end of the day theses clubs represent years of fans and mates and area coming together no matter how small the attendance they represented that area it's sad to theses clubs struggle especially today 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I totally agree mate I look at non league and think I went to the likes of Halifax Wrexham notts county Stockport on a Friday night and many more but  I always like Southend as a club we use to make a night of it and stay over there I would love to see more money passed to the likes of Southend ect at the end of the day theses clubs represent years of fans and mates and area coming together no matter how small the attendance they represented that area it's sad to theses clubs struggle especially today 

We used to go away (70s) on a coach firm called Ribblesdale, really shit old 60s coaches and often broke down.

Remember setting of to Sarfend at about 11pm one Friday night, the coach never broke down and we got there really early doors, waiting for the paper shops to open so we could buy a ball and play 20 a side on the beach. It was fecking freezing lol.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, dytkos said:

We used to go away (70s) on a coach firm called Ribblesdale, really shit old 60s coaches and often broke down.

Remember setting of to Sarfend at about 11pm one Friday night, the coach never broke down and we got there really early doors, waiting for the paper shops to open so we could buy a ball and play 20 a side on the beach. It was fecking freezing lol.

Cheers, D.

Ribblesdale there's a blast from the past dy there was always some good days out to be had I preferred away games more than home 

Top 3 Newcastle goalkeeping blunders in the PL...

3) Irishman Shay Given forgetting where Dublin was

2) Defender Steven Taylor forgetting that he wasn't a goalkeeper

1) Pope forgetting how big the 18 yard box is

... losing a PL game not the end of the world, playing ELC final with 3rd choice keeper rather more serious. Such is football ? 

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Top 3 Newcastle goalkeeping blunders in the PL...

3) Irishman Shay Given forgetting where Dublin was

2) Defender Steven Taylor forgetting that he wasn't a goalkeeper

1) Pope forgetting how big the 18 yard box is

... losing a PL game not the end of the world, playing ELC final with 3rd choice keeper rather more serious. Such is football ? 

Third choice ? Or maybe fourth choice.

Pope banned, Dubravka cup tied, Darlow out on loan, so Gillespie or Karius, or even my neighbours son Max Thompson, our under 21 keeper…… not good either way !

Cheers.

30 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Hope karius performs better for you than he did for us in a final .

I think we’d be better playing Gillespie or even my neighbours kid, Max Thompson, our 17 year old Under 23, and England Under 21 keeper, Karius never recovered from his scouse experience!

Cheets.