New football thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

My Mrs is like west ham , kicking off every five minutes 🤣

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Hackney Marshes today.

IMG_8653.jpg

I wonder just how many house hold names started of on there must be one of or if not the most productive set of pitches about good to see many teams turning out to like mc said

15 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Anyway 3 points separating the bottom 7 clubs its going to be a long hard season and beating the clubs around you is going to be vital so great result yesterday for my mob.

That's why like you say sticking with moyses could be your best bet for this season as he has experienced this before 

4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I wonder just how many house hold names started of on there must be one of or if not the most productive set of pitches about good to see many teams turning out to like mc said

Loads mate......all of the old Senrab lads like Defoe,Sol Campbell,Ledley King,Zamora right back to Ray Wilkins and Alan Curbishley will all have started their careers as kids at the Marshes and up the road at Wanstead Flats as they were the home grounds for most East London boys football clubs....they were rough old places but absolutely perfect schooling for young players the amount of pro players that have come off Hackney Marshes and Wanstead Flats over the years id say probably go's into the hundreds.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Loads mate......all of the old Senrab lads like Defoe,Sol Campbell,Ledley King,Zamora right back to Ray Wilkins and Alan Curbishley will all have started their careers as kids at the Marshes and up the road at Wanstead Flats as they were the home grounds for most East London boys football clubs....they were rough old places but absolutely perfect schooling for young players the amount of pro players that have come off Hackney Marshes and Wanstead Flats over the years id say probably go's into the hundreds.

Maybe leaving kids to be schooled on places like that and enjoying the game would be more better for them than being snapped up and put in a academy at say 7 year old but like you say marshes are well known for producing pro players bit like boxing London always seem to have a lot of pros compared to a lot if not most areas 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Maybe leaving kids to be schooled on places like that and enjoying the game would be more better for them than being snapped up and put in a academy at say 7 year old but like you say marshes are well known for producing pro players bit like boxing London always seem to have a lot of pros compared to a lot if not most areas 

Exactly....once the academies have a kid they dont want them roughing it over the Marshes anymore as the kid is now an investment to be looked after when in reality that kids going to learn far more about football and ultimately about life playing over the Marshes.....theres a special atmosphere over there you might have a couple of under 11's games going on next to a couple of pub teams kicking lumps out of each other and chasing the ref around with a bat its a mad old place but the type of place that forms you and prepares a young lad for later life.

I heard a well known black pro player once say words to the effect of " being called racist names or getting monkey chants inside a football stadium is like water off a ducks back to me ....i grew up playing over Hackney Marshes " ?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, steve66 said:

Seems sunderland have bought a hammers player pierre ekwah ? hopefully do ok

Never heard of him....but upon looking him up we bought him a few years ago and has never played a first team game.....5 games for the youth team and thats it.

• Like 1

Keepdiggin, imo, these street/prison legends are only fit to hold the coats of pro boxers or MMA fighters. A few have appeared in the pro ring, Sykes and Bronson for example, but were soundly beaten. Let's face it those two had/ have big mental health problems.

McLean and Shaw could never have cut it if they fought genuine boxers of equal weight. From what I've seen on YouTube, they were very poor in the ring. The same is true of gypsy gobshites on YouTube. I genuinely think a lot of those guys must be retarded.

I don't buy " the cobbles" is different to the ring. Boxers can fight as well as box, and MMA fighters would be very at home on "the cobbles."

So for me, these guys are frauds. They are only mimicking the real warriors. They talk the talk but are not capable of walking the walk.

Edited by jukel123
15 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Keepdiggin, imo, these street/prison legends are only fit to hold the coats of pro boxers or MMA fighters. A few have appeared in the pro ring, Sykes and Bronson for example, but were soundly beaten. Let's face it those two had/ have big mental health problems.

McLean and Shaw could never have cut it if they fought genuine boxers of equal weight. From what I've seen on YouTube, they were very poor in the ring. The same is true of gypsy gobshites on YouTube. I genuinely think a lot of those guys must be retarded.

I don't buy " the cobbles" is different to the ring. Boxers can fight as well as box, and MMA fighters would be very at home on "the cobbles."

So for me, these guys are frauds. They are only mimicking the real warriors. They talk the talk but are not capable of walking the walk.

I don’t know how you make a comparison between pro fighters and bare knuckle ones. 

Regarding bare knuckle fighters, most of them couldn’t get a licence so we’re forced down this route to earn a pound note

Lenny McLean just struck me as a proper fearsome and explosive man. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Hackney Marshes today.

IMG_8653.jpg

I never knew it was the biggest expanse of footie pitches in Europe. 

I always preferred Flanders Fields - shorter walk to the changing rooms then straight to Upton Park

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

id disagree mate massive difference in the 2 

like dutch said mclean was a big explosive man with no rules one dangerous man 

3 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I never knew it was the biggest expanse of footie pitches in Europe. 

I always preferred Flanders Fields - shorter walk to the changing rooms then straight to Upton Park

Was that via elland rd then  greb 

• Haha 1