We all get old

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a bounce with the dogs yesterday. did a mile or two to be fair. we couldn’t find one in the ground but we did have a couple of decent runs. my old lurcher is tired now though.

R.I.P Shadow  Dunno what I'll do without u best friend forever ?  

Yes, its a sad,.but true fact,..that when your work dogs get good, and really know the game,....they get old...?    

Posted Images

This auld bitch here 15 when I had to put her to sleep, trailed the country wae me that wee bitch, fae walking the West Highland Way and a few Munros to the Fens for hares, she went everywhere wae me, I cried like a big lassie when she went 

IMG-20161115-WA0001.jpg

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
53 minutes ago, brambles said:

This auld bitch here 15 when I had to put her to sleep, trailed the country wae me that wee bitch, fae walking the West Highland Way and a few Munros to the Fens for hares, she went everywhere wae me, I cried like a big lassie when she went 

IMG-20161115-WA0001.jpg

How was the west highland way with a lurcher wae you mate am thinking about doing it end of January n taking my bitch 

16 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

How was the west highland way with a lurcher wae you mate am thinking about doing it end of January n taking my bitch 

Fine mate everywhere were really accommodating, 1st time we done it we camped our way along it, 2nd time we walked from point to point and got our gear transported, dogs were always welcome in accommodation 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

great to see the bond you had with shadow, can see by the pics, you and the dog were  a good team over a good few years, always really sad when you lose old faithfuls, you could always rely on, know how you feel mate, after losing my old deerx grey, only a few weeks ago,like i say the good ones always break our hearts when they go, chin up mate you gave the dog a good life.

• Like 5

Thanks lads yeah they say you only get 1 really special 1 in your life plenty have came and gone but she was the 1... 17 years went strong until the end had her out over the christmas believe it or not she actually caught 1. Guess I shouldn't complain

Anybody know of her father by any chance? he was supposedly a famous coursing dog from Scotland I think 29" black dog. My dads buddy is serious breeder he went for a trial with the dog he was 11yo at the time he got some ridiculous amount like 40 odd rabbits few hares and 4 deer so he decided he wanted to cross him for his stamina and size with a full Wicklow collie for brains and what an outcome. 

1 upside my friend has a pup out of her so can still keep the line going

• Like 8
22 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Old dogs can still have there place on days out marking and catching hole hopers  great to watch and they love it 932726654_Screenshot_20190427-210840_Photos2.jpg.13b200cd3994713459b74fed249536a0.jpg

They can Davie, my old bitch I had lurcherx lurcher most whippetx grey, with bit of collie, she still knock few over in the lamp at 12, OK not long hard runs, but she good strike on her, nice size 24 1/2in 50lb good pace caught few daytime hares when young lived till 14. Big old Buck ageing quicker than her, but he lot big dog, and I think big dogs age quicker, sad but true. ?

• Like 1