We all get old

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a bounce with the dogs yesterday. did a mile or two to be fair. we couldn’t find one in the ground but we did have a couple of decent runs. my old lurcher is tired now though.

R.I.P Shadow  Dunno what I'll do without u best friend forever ?  

Yes, its a sad,.but true fact,..that when your work dogs get good, and really know the game,....they get old...?    

Posted Images

My old sonic,he's 14 now,and tonight he's going to the vet for a check up as his hip is giving him trouble,and I'm dreading whenever the time comes to take him for his last walk,he was one of the better ones I've kept in all the years ....the old dog seems to know he's finished ,worn out and tire the poor fellow

IMG_20190502_201505.jpg

• Like 7
4 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Yes, its a sad,.but true fact,..that when your work dogs get good, and really know the game,....they get old...?

img Scans265.jpg

true phil, i was thinking that the other night, dont lamp no more like used to, but take Buck every night for quick 1/2  hour , then feed him and lock him for the night in his kennel. most nights by where i live now you dont see much the odd rabbit, or munjack  or fox, but most nights dont see nout. well the other night i seen a fox the end of the field , got his eyes  in the beam, put the beam to the floor, and called him in, feck me old Buck knew the crack  he ran out the beam, then came in close ,  both ran the edge row, Buck was flat out after him, but he lost that bit of pace,  2 years  back Buck would have had him, but he 10 now , like me we both 70 now, he been great lamping dog for me , pity they get old deff, but i  had some good sport with him in them 10 years, he be my last working lurcher , when he gone i just get mature lurcher maybe from the pound just for a pet and mate.!

• Like 8
30 minutes ago, bird said:

true phil, i was thinking that the other night, dont lamp no more like used to, but take Buck every night for quick 1/2  hour , then feed him and lock him for the night in his kennel. most nights by where i live now you dont see much the odd rabbit, or munjack  or fox, but most nights dont see nout. well the other night i seen a fox the end of the field , got his eyes  in the beam, put the beam to the floor, and called him in, feck me old Buck knew the crack  he ran out the beam, then came in close ,  both ran the edge row, Buck was flat out after him, but he lost that bit of pace,  2 years  back Buck would have had him, but he 10 now , like me we both 70 now, he been great lamping dog for me , pity they get old deff, but i  had some good sport with him in them 10 years, he be my last working lurcher , when he gone i just get mature lurcher maybe from the pound just for a pet and mate.!

Get a nice leggy staff ray from the pound 

3 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Get a nice leggy staff ray from the pound 

yeh , you never know, i was brought with bull breeds as you know ,but prob go down the lurcher route , having had the bloody things 35 years, like say when the big lad gone, that what i prob do, no rush though  he could go couple years yet, but i do think when you get to my age, there no harm in thinking  to the future . hope you had good xmas and new year night with your family , i had me son, his wife and 2 kids over for 3 days , there only boy 3 1/2 , girl  5, bloody hell there never stop lol , they were up every morning 6am me and my wife were fecked  lol  , had bad IBS  last night and to day, prob eating things i shouldn't , didnt drink only few cans, it deff food  .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bird said:

yeh , you never know, i was brought with bull breeds as you know ,but prob go down the lurcher route , having had the bloody things 35 years, like say when the big lad gone, that what i prob do, no rush though  he could go couple years yet, but i do think when you get to my age, there no harm in thinking  to the future . hope you had good xmas and new year night with your family , i had me son, his wife and 2 kids over for 3 days , there only boy 3 1/2 , girl  5, bloody hell there never stop lol , they were up every morning 6am me and my wife were fecked  lol  , had bad IBS  last night and to day, prob eating things i shouldn't , didnt drink only few cans, it deff food  .

I know what your saying Ray I had 2 go down the scrap yard 2 wiegh meself and I'm so fat I can't get in the house I look.like someone balanced a ton bag o ballast on a pair of wellos 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Back to the dogs .The more you do with them in the peak of their career the shorter that career is .The saying hard work never killed anyone is utter shite .

Apparently one can make them indestructible through breeding only with animals that are still alive 

Tunnocks tea cake ?