Leave the mods alone and get outdoors?Pics from your walk ?

11 minutes ago, Greyman said:

There’s always one or two mate, it’s just wether your happy to sit it out and be the first, or you need someone else to be first before you have a go, personally I love a bit of pioneering even an uncaught single from a place like that would be more impressive than a fat 30lb simmo called the beast from your average mud pit and those trout will still give you screaming takes to keep you busy, ??

Sounds my cup of tea mate, there’s a Rez literally next door to the Rez I fish. Unknown water 60ft deep off 100 acres or so . “Supposed” to be some record breakers in there. 

it’s a old water place very secure fenced all round. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I wil start, lovely morning 2 degrees and sunny, so been out walking from valley floor to ridge top, very little about apart from someone else’s pheasants that kept the dogs amused for an hour, few

Put a bit of meat on the table yesterday

just got back from fishing...

Posted Images

1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Sounds my cup of tea mate, there’s a Rez literally next door to the Rez I fish. Unknown water 60ft deep off 100 acres or so . “Supposed” to be some record breakers in there. 

it’s a old water place very secure fenced all round. 

You will be surprised what is in we’re there is a lad on the Cotswolds I know very very wealthy owns several gravel pits up there has fish over 50lb in his own waters, but for as many years as I,ve known him hes been putting 10/20 nice little carp in waters that are still being dug as soon as there’s water in them  and just leaves them, some of the big stuff up there has come from his escapades totally off record and not known about by many ????

• Like 1
On 09/01/2023 at 17:30, lurcherman 887 said:

Anyone been to derwent Rez? 

looks nice there 

9D44CFFF-B1CA-4A85-B630-234AED790DBC.jpeg

Yes.. been a good few times over the years mate. Only an hour from me. I've walked bits of it.. but don't think I've done a full loop.. something I'll have to do at some point!

You can get quite a way up in the car on a little lane that runs up the left side of the Res but it's quite tight in places and I wouldn't recommend attempting it at busy times.

Where the road comes to a dead end is an Oak tree planted by King George and a young Liz to mark the opening of the Res in 1945..

King's Tree, Howden Reservoir 2019

Here's where the road ends.. and where the 'Kings' tree is..

Screenshot_20230110-180813.jpg.970569b36170048e95839ea11f42572a.jpg

We had a picnic in the car there on a shitty winter's day last year..

20211225_132843-01.jpeg.198f14f53eb7991fcd0a86258e3a8ab6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
33 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Yes.. been a good few times over the years mate. Only an hour from me. I've walked bits of it.. but don't think I've done a full loop.. something I'll have to do at some point!

You can get quite a way up in the car on a little lane that runs up the left side of the Res but it's quite tight in places and I wouldn't recommend attempting it at busy times.

Where the road comes to a dead end is an Oak tree planted by King George and a young Liz to mark the opening of the Res in 1945..

King's Tree, Howden Reservoir 2019

Here's where the road ends.. and where the 'Kings' tree is..

Screenshot_20230110-180813.jpg.970569b36170048e95839ea11f42572a.jpg

We had a picnic in the car there on a shitty winter's day last year..

20211225_132843-01.jpeg.198f14f53eb7991fcd0a86258e3a8ab6.jpeg

Sounds good mate will be getting up there early spring most definitely. 

Will try to do the loop if i don’t get lost ?

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Sounds good mate will be getting up there early spring most definitely. 

Will try to do the loop if i don’t get lost ?

Just keep the water on your left or right hand side depending which way round you go and you should be ok mate ?

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Just whilst I remember.. there's a couple a massive gaping sink holes in the res down the road worth a look.. they remind me of my Mrs for some reason...?

_122672536_paulofthepeak.jpg.5a547a91f71bc40d66e0f3336ef5ca3f.jpg_109460887_2951c4a5-af3a-4469-971a-eea167d66f72.jpg.6be3426e3e325103dac99361a814e937.jpgScreenshot_20230110-193607.jpg.5159e872d18ec8068fb4c903ed2dd8fc.jpg

Plenty of parking at the roadside there if your Mrs is like mine and don't like walking!!?

What would happen if you fell down ?

On 03/01/2023 at 19:16, paulus said:

I found my old catty in the shed back end of last year, Pigeon sat on the powerlines, first 2 ten mill ball bearings went over the top the third hit it right in the head with a thud, it shock itself and flew off. next shot at a squirrel the band snapped totally perished.  

I found my old catty a fair while back. I stuck some cans up and pulled back and the elastic snapped and smacked me in the mush and left me looking like Leslie Ash. I put it back.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, talt said:

I found my old catty a fair while back. I stuck some cans up and pulled back and the elastic snapped and smacked me in the mush and left me looking like Leslie Ash. I put it back.

A long, long time ago me and a mate were out one night after a few pheasant. Back then we were using the square elastic, To cut a long story short the elastic snapped and hit him right in the gonads. I have never herd anyone make the noises he made that night on the way back to the motor, trip to hospital and one testicle removed. 

Don't do pics as I don't do mobile phones but me and the mrs went to the national arboretum last week and we really enjoyed the day, plenty of things to see and tributes to the servicemen and women of the various services and an education about battles and campaigns. The place is massive and we didn't see it all so plan to go back in the spring, well worth a visit if you're that way inclined.

• Like 1