Moderation etc.

The site's looking a bit of a mess this morning. I have a possible solution. Thoughts please.

1: People given warnings this morning have the warnings removed.

2: One of the locked topics is reopened so everyone can have their say without the need to start new identical topics every 5 minutes.

3: Everyone refrains from personal insults as they have always been excluded under the general guidelines. Disagreement is fine. Personal attacks aren't. 

4: Believe it not, everyone wants the site to be a friendlier place and encourage new members instead of scaring them off. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what hes an ex copper.Does anyone actually believe that this site aint being looked at or been looked at extensivly by the antis,RSPCA,old bill over the years.If you're  stupid c**t enough to say s

Sensible suggestions ? My take on this, and it's only MY opinion, is , like "origami for beginners", two fold. 1; one moderator is biased, treating members differently and unfairly, and inst

I,ve said before the ex policeman bit is not an issue, I,ve never been done for being innocent and everyone would be happy to see him if there house or car had just been chored, if you,ve got away wit

Posted Images

My personal comment. How can we reach former members who no longer feel free to comment on hunting topics. Since I joined and enjoyed, immensely, both from the ferreting, box making and gardening topics, everything seems to have gone down the pan. We no longer get the friendly answers to genuine enquiries and or comments. I, open this forum every morning and evening, religiously, and always look forward to the variety of comments. However, it has become an ongoing argument which to be fair, I, can do without. Some of the lovely people who I’ve met on here and indeed at my house, no longer are in contact. I’m guessing they are a bit disalusioned with the general context of posts and general negativity. The people I’m on about are the grass roots of the Forum and need a bit of help in believing that it can once again become, as the Newbie introduction says. IMO. JOK

• Like 6

To me this Forum is in terminal decline  and the only  thing that will save it is to get rid of general  talk and go back to being the THL . That was why i came on here in 2006 because it was the best but now days for the average man who does a little bit of mooching  it is utter crap .

• Like 6
1 hour ago, walshie said:

The site's looking a bit of a mess this morning. I have a possible solution. Thoughts please.

1: People given warnings this morning have the warnings removed.

2: One of the locked topics is reopened so everyone can have their say without the need to start new identical topics every 5 minutes.

3: Everyone refrains from personal insults as they have always been excluded under the general guidelines. Disagreement is fine. Personal attacks aren't. 

4: Believe it not, everyone wants the site to be a friendlier place and encourage new members instead of scaring them off. 

Sensible suggestions ?

My take on this, and it's only MY opinion, is , like "origami for beginners", two fold.

1; one moderator is biased, treating members differently and unfairly, and instigating or furthering arguments. Handing out warnings and suspensions to some people, while worse culprits get away with it.

2; another moderator is an ex policeman, which doesn't sit well with a lot of members, including myself, rightly or wrongly.

Yes, we can simply log off and not post again, but that would only exacerbate the situation, making the site worse.

The solution ? How about a "Senior Moderator" ( Walshie ),who has to look at and evaluate any punishments BEFORE they are handed out

Moderators obeying they rules they implement, not causing or joining in arguments, treating everyone the same, recognising that "banter" can be interpreted by some as bullying. Basically being firm, but FAIR.

Cheers.

• Like 10
34 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Sensible suggestions ?

My take on this, and it's only MY opinion, is , like "origami for beginners", two fold.

1; one moderator is biased, treating members differently and unfairly, and instigating or furthering arguments. Handing out warnings and suspensions to some people, while worse culprits get away with it.

2; another moderator is an ex policeman, which doesn't sit well with a lot of members, including myself, rightly or wrongly.

Yes, we can simply log off and not post again, but that would only exacerbate the situation, making the site worse.

The solution ? How about a "Senior Moderator" ( Walshie ),who has to look at and evaluate any punishments BEFORE they are handed out

Moderators obeying they rules they implement, not causing or joining in arguments, treating everyone the same, recognising that "banter" can be interpreted by some as bullying. Basically being firm, but FAIR.

Cheers.

Imo there's always been a biased with moderators; most of them have friends on here so someone normally gets the short end of the stick.

What's the issue with an ex cop being a mod? You say a lot of members but no more than 10 /15 have said they have an issue with it.

It's the 'senior mod'the role already that admin has

I,ve said before the ex policeman bit is not an issue, I,ve never been done for being innocent and everyone would be happy to see him if there house or car had just been chored, if you,ve got away with a major crime and are sitting on bags of cash waiting for the dust to settle just don’t stick posts up about it and you’ll be fine, he was a dog handler which gives him an insight into a lot of what we are about and it’s nice to get the other side of the story in a lot of his posts, even if his dog had bit my arse and he’d felt my collar I wouldn’t hold it against him, I,ve met my share of plod over the years and just like life there is good and bad, wankers and hero’s, the fact he has announces his previous occupation and even stuck pics of himself up in uniform I would suggest there is no hidden agenda with the bloke so let’s judge the bloke not his job choice and move on ?

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, smithie said:

If nicepix really wants the forum to do well then he maybe should consider stepping down as it seams most of the hastle on here is because some people don't like police...

No chance 

Once you have the uniform and badge you would rather die than give it up.... I've seen it mate, my old mate Socks...it changes a man 

• Haha 4