Happy new year not.

Got a young terrier with a slipped disc in her back. £1000 for a scan £8-10 grand for surgery so that won’t be happening. Got her on metacam and in a crate rather then the kennel. Has anybody had this hopefully she recovers and I can pet home her. 

Edited by Gypsydog94

1 minute ago, smithie said:

Can you not get somebody on the dole to take it to pdsa? I was once  told its a charity vets or something like that and you make a donation of what you can afford..

Just googled that, if they are in receipt of council or housing tax benefit they can register up to 3 dogs but only 1 pure bred pedigree dog. All that is asked for is a donation after treatment, 

2 minutes ago, smithie said:

Can you not get somebody on the dole to take it to pdsa? I was once  told its a charity vets or something like that and you make a donation of what you can afford..

I'm sure you just need to have some benefit help on housing rent rather than be fully on the dole,but a very good call anyway Smithie..:thumbs:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lurchers said:

Can ya not take it to a bone man who might slip it back in mate

I honestly don’t think a bone man can fix that. Otherwise professional athletes would have it done, rather than surgery. A slipped disc can be serious. 

• Like 1

I Had a lurcher this year left up for five weeks with the same problem couldn’t run at all. All caught up. brought it to a greyhound man and he diagnosed it as a slipped disc between the shoulder blades , he put it back in and gave a course of synulox and ten days rest. I done exactly as the man said and when I took him out the first week killed 6 foxes with him?‍♂️ Mite work for u too worth a go anyways. Hope it works out for ya

11 minutes ago, sionnach99 said:

I Had a lurcher this year left up for five weeks with the same problem couldn’t run at all. All caught up. brought it to a greyhound man and he diagnosed it as a slipped disc between the shoulder blades , he put it back in and gave a course of synulox and ten days rest. I done exactly as the man said and when I took him out the first week killed 6 foxes with him?‍♂️ Mite work for u too worth a go anyways. Hope it works out for ya

I hope so was just settling to her work nicely. Will try find a local bone man and see what they say 

6 minutes ago, BEARINATOR said:

Good luck with her but slipped disks can be the end of the career 

Yeah vet said that if she can get back right I will pet home her as she’s lovely mannered dog around the house no trouble at all 

• Like 1
Just now, northern lad said:

My non peds had discs out in neck and back many times..boneman just clicks them back in...wether they'd be able to do it on a small terrier I couldn't tell you..its common in non peds through trapping,stopping hard for the lure..what area do you live?

Devon. If anyone got a number for one I would give a call and just see what they say