Lead Ban C*ckup?

2 hours ago, Meece said:

Anyone notice that nearly everyone seems to be just accepting this as a done deal.   I haven't seen anyone taking basic to task over this.  The only thing I did see was a statement right at the bottom of a cartridge manufacturer  (Lyvale) possibly where the management wrote a clear statement that basic had made a claim that in 5 years time where there would be no lead or plastic in the shooting field at all.!!  BUT that at No stage had basic consulted any of the 4 major cartridge manufactures in the UK about this and that as far as they were concerned that this was an impossibility because the components were not available for production.   Seeing this case why are shooters not getting on to basic about this.  Or anything.? Why do people keep joining basic.

Ps  go have a look at the home pages of Lyvale, down the last hand side.  Special statement.  And  hull by looking for site map and then non lead statement.

WWW.LYALVALEEXPRESS.COM
WWW.HULLCARTRIDGE.CO.UK

They, basic are indeed getting loads of flak and membership is demonising.

Basic have backed themselves into a corner trying to preserve the habits of the perverse who can throw any amount of money at ammunition to continue slaughtering pheasants without criticism or challenge. And to add, at the cost of the wee man or small family and friends shoot.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is apparently a stumpy 100gn 6mm bullet. Some manufacturers are speeding up the twist on 243w barrels. It's utter bigotry and prejudice driving this. My advice is stock up and hide it.

a ban on lead ammunition is what BASC had wanted?,

Most common is 1/10, as far as I’m aware it’s because it will stabilise a 100gn round ( lead )( i could be wrong im not very technical) mine shoots 90’s  better than 100’s a lad I know has been u