New permission

Out today for first proper look on a new permission. All sets on hedgerows and all seemed to be connected all the way up as rabbits were bolting 150yrds + from where ferrets entered. ?‍♂️. We ended up with three in the nets and dug 1. Not massive numbers but still a enjoyable day out

20221229_143037.jpg

• Like 8

Very hard going them big long sets at this time of years. we use to do a couple like that, ran for 300 yards or more. Rabbits hole hopping everywhere, We use to cut places through the hedge the week before to put stop nets through and enter ferrets from each end a section at a time, sometimes it worked but sometimes the ferrets went the whole length, 

Have a chat with the person who owns the property and let the know you would have got more if you were able to get some of the over growth removed to get some stop nets in. I have spoken to some of my clients that I help out catching their rabbits and they are more then happy to help out. Well done with your catch. 

• Like 1