Hunted birds in top of trees today

I drove out to Skröven for hunting I arrived 10.10 just after it gets bright enough. Then I had skiied for 200m I took of my sweater and put it in my backpack and loaded the Bergara 300blk I skiied 100m more more and then I saw hmmm is what a blackgrouse? Yes took support on my backpack and shot it. After what I skiied for 5-6km did only see tracks of caper, black grouse and hazel grouse. The weather brought a bit snow but I also had a bit sun with pink clouds and some blue sky, -9-13c really nice. I came back to my car 14.15 in then it begunn to get dark.

Pictures from Kamlunge rapids before christmas.

orre skröven.jpg

kamlungeforsen1.jpg

kamlungeforsen2.jpg

• Like 6

I skin it, salt and pepper fry the outside in butter, cook it ready in a kettle with an onion and a carrot. Make a gravy of the fond in the kettle after i have taken up the bird and some creme fraiche. Serves with boiled potatoes or roasted vegetables.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 30/12/2022 at 22:23, KimE said:

Yes this is a similar type of small game hunting you guys do, its easy to find areas for small game here and its huge areas with very little people.

I actually had a first light hunt for fox. No fox and no people.

To cold for them.

Then this afternoon I found a few wild birds that have been around for ages but I've not seen them this season until today so I put a stalk in on them. One hour later I got a shot. The hen birds were on to me early but the cock birds were to busy digging for acorns.

Twas touch and go and very cold. 

IMG_20230121_163401.jpg.8135967e73c67d8995aa066c935bb22c.jpg

• Like 2
On 29/12/2022 at 17:57, KimE said:

I skin it, salt and pepper fry the outside in butter, cook it ready in a kettle with an onion and a carrot. Make a gravy of the fond in the kettle after i have taken up the bird and some creme fraiche. Serves with boiled potatoes or roasted vegetables.

is there room at your table for a gentleman . please

Nice I was out on skiies today sunny and no wind -21c I had to open up my jacket to not get to warm. I so about 50-60 black grouses on the way out but none on my day permit lease, there I saw a moose in a pine plantation. 

• Like 1