Any litters planned or on the ground

25 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I wouldn't mind taking a litter out my first X bedy grey once she breaks down in spring ,

IMG20221229132952.jpg

IMG20221229132959.jpg

IMG20221223134740.jpg

Cracking looking bitch. It amazes me a lot who breed off this type seem to have the urge to go to a grew or whippet don't get me wrong some decent lurchers can be produced this way though i honestly believe a better all round type can be produced by going to another cross this is only my view on having owned and seen lurchers in the past where the bedlington x was bred to another lurcher type.

• Like 6

I have just lost my bed/grey x Grew. He was a brilliant rabbit dog but no good on anything else. His skin would rip at the sight of a bramble. 

I now have a bitch with Collie, greyhound, deerhound & American staghound in her. So far so good. Good luck finding the stud dog you want & I look forward to seeing the resulting pups. 

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Cracking looking bitch. It amazes me a lot who breed off this type seem to have the urge to go to a grew or whippet don't get me wrong some decent lurchers can be produced this way though i honestly believe a better all round type can be produced by going to another cross this is only my view on having owned and seen lurchers in the past where the bedlington x was bred to another lurcher type.

Hard to beat a grew for putting in a mix if ur after rabbit dogs but do know what your saying just depends what ur into 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Thanks,she's turned out a honest type and she'll give anything a run and she's doing ok but I think something else in the mix definitely make a better all rounder 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Thanks,she's turned out a honest type and she'll give anything a run and she's doing ok but I think something else in the mix definitely make a better all rounder 

Like has been said mate i suppose it depends on what you are wanting and the type of work you can give that type of lurcher. My mate has a cracking springer x whippet x grew bedlington that has stamina to burn and is easy to live with but is at a loss what to put over her if he breeds her.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Like has been said mate i suppose it depends on what you are wanting and the type of work you can give that type of lurcher. My mate has a cracking springer x whippet x grew bedlington that has stamina to burn and is easy to live with but is at a loss what to put over her if he breeds her.

I think nothernlite has it spot on mate ,a strong non ped is the way for rabbits.it's all right producing all rounders for other stuff but things aren't what they used to be.the good times of the past have gone ,do gooders have seen to that. but if you are young enough and brave enough who knows ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, fred90 said:

I think nothernlite has it spot on mate ,a strong non ped is the way for rabbits.it's all right producing all rounders for other stuff but things aren't what they used to be.the good times of the past have gone ,do gooders have seen to that. but if you are young enough and brave enough who knows ?

For what i do mate which is just mooching about in woodland and hedge bottoms if the bitch was mine i would be looking at putting another beddy/whippet type over her to keep the tough skin and rough coat which can be a godsend when hunting in woodland.

• Like 1