Bitch in season not eating

Anybody had this.My daughters dachshund only ate her meat and left her biscuit christmas eve and has turned her nose up at everything offered to her since.Shes been out for a good walk twice a day everyday and is hunting g up and acting normal.she was sick a couple of times christmas eve and once christmas day.Had her down the emergency vets last night and got rushed 350quid for a consultation and anti sickeness jab.Temp,heartbeat and everything else was fine.gums showing shes hydrated.Shes showing slight swelling and blood and Ive read that they can go off their grub when in season although Ive never experienced this and shes normally a greedy little f**ker.Shes been out for 3hrs this morning,Had a shit so everything seems to be working but still refused food when we got back

13 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I'd boil some chicken breast and plain pasta...put it down,she will eat it when she's hungry, probably just her hormones,just keep an eye out, that she don't start making a nest ,hiding food and she's having a phantom?

Shes been offered everything mate.My biggest worry was that it could be a pyometra as I had a bitch have this before and one of the symptoms was being sick and  not eating.The vet said the fact that she was swollen and showing colour and that her temp was normally and she was still active and acting normal pretty much rules that out.Just unusual for her to go this long without eating as shes normally a greedy little c**t

• Like 1

Our chihuahua went really off colour suddenly, throwing up yellow bile, not eating and not being a manic little shit.

Took him to the vet, same story as yours, checked him out, all vital signs normal and gave him an anti sickness shot. Next day back to normal !

I can only think it may have been something he ate.

I had a deer/grey bitch that went off her food when in season, but no sickness. 

Hope all turns out well ?

Cheers.

1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

My little whippet was off her food when she had her first season. I’d say nothing to worry about 

I wouldnt normally but its my daughters little dog and the weeks of morning after her rabbit died was unbearable

• Like 1
6 hours ago, downsouth said:

Shes been offered everything mate.My biggest worry was that it could be a pyometra as I had a bitch have this before and one of the symptoms was being sick and  not eating.The vet said the fact that she was swollen and showing colour and that her temp was normally and she was still active and acting normal pretty much rules that out.Just unusual for her to go this long without eating as shes normally a greedy little c**t

If she starts to smell with a musty stink like sweaty socks then get her to the vets 

3 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Can't comment on your bitch, but going off their food whilst in season is definitely a thing, mine does it. Also seen dogs do it when a nearby bitch is ready??‍♂️

My old dog wouldn't eat anything if a bitch was ready to stand ,my 2 bitches normally eat more when coming into season then slow down once in but they never stop eating all together, always find sardines does the trick .

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Can't comment on your bitch, but going off their food whilst in season is definitely a thing, mine does it. Also seen dogs do it when a nearby bitch is ready??‍♂️

My lurcher would lose all condition and be in rags if he was left in kennels beside a bitch in session, the one time I hadn't the space to move him he never touched his grub 2 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, downsouth said:

I wouldnt normally but its my daughters little dog and the weeks of morning after her rabbit died was unbearable

Try hand feeding her favourite foods or tin sardines,If she's running about and drinking and going toilet they not much wrong ,any sign of vomiting or like been said bad smell get her back to vets ,

1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

My lurcher would lose all condition and be in rags if he was left in kennels beside a bitch in session, the one time I hadn't the space to move him he never touched his grub 2 weeks. 

Yep a dog will pyne away and not eat nothing if there's a  in season bitch close by and like you no they can loose some wait ,I used to send my dog to me mother's as hed wyne all night by the door and I thought it was cruel to allow it .