Sack the mods

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I come on here every day I never get involved in the arguments and personal insults it’s not worth it, main reason I don’t know any of yous in real life, as for mods there just other members too me, w

The way its going the mods Will be left yapping to themselves..  Sorry lads, this place is getting worse by the day.

f**k off  Cheers, D.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Francie, said:

Has all terrain left the building too?

How many has gone recently?

Did Paul's not say he deleted AT'S account by accident?

I could have it wrong, won't be the first time

• Like 2
3 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

All terrain

wilf

astanley

katchum

max

all seem to have gone 

People come on go, that's the way forums are, If look at that list 2 left of there own choice/reasons. 1 has not logged on for a while. 1 gets himself banned every time he either gets back or indeed let back on the other one choose the I`m Spartacus route that didn't work. Pound to a penny, most if not all will reappear at some point. 

On 29/12/2022 at 22:11, chartpolski said:

Every post, reply or comment you have made on this thread confirms your unsuitability to be a moderator.

What living in a council house has to do with anything is beyond me.

You don't offend me, I've been in situations far more serious than internet discussions,

Its Ian's site, he made you a moderator, my opinion is immaterial, but I'd guess once it starts hitting his bottom line, he will have to make some decisions.

Cheers.

What happens on this forum effects Diddly Squat as far as Ian`s bottom line goes. This isn't like Facebook where income is generated by selling advertising, This site is all about advertising his own products, If you google Thermal imaging scopes say, then the chances are it will come up with this site, If you click on it, it will take you to his shop not this forum, The forum is just an add on. 

On 29/12/2022 at 21:57, Wolfdog91 said:

Psssssstttt hay you guys are more then welcome to come over and join us at Trapperman, we love to have ya ?

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/1/1/Trapper_TalkScreenshot_20221229-155628.png.6332a739d14ec2c1f084a8c143e1efb2.png

You know Wolfdog ; l've had cause to look into the odd US trap and fishing forum . Compared with the squabbling pixies on The Hunting Life US forum members certainly seem to know how to behave with decency and respect on line . 

And look at the categories on offer ; "Kids' writing and drawing competition."    l doubt if some THL members could be trusted with crayons .

• Like 2
Just now, paulus said:

What happens on this forum effects Diddly Squat as far as Ian`s bottom line goes. This isn't like Facebook where income is generated by selling advertising, This site is all about advertising his own products, If you google Thermal imaging scopes say, then the chances are it will come up with this site, If you click on it, it will take you to his shop not this forum, The forum is just an add on. 

I was lead to understand it is also "pay per click" , the revenue increases or decreases with the number of views.

which is why, like a lot of sites, it is loathe to delete members with a high posting/viewing count, or members that generate long threads.

Im sure this was discussed years ago, no matter, if I'm wrong, it doesn't change my views on moderation, and if the site gets to a point when I no longer feel it's worth logging on, then I simply won't, I doubt I make much difference to the site either way ?

Chers.

• Like 2
Just now, chartpolski said:

I was lead to understand it is also "pay per click" , the revenue increases or decreases with the number of views.

which is why, like a lot of sites, it is loathe to delete members with a high posting/viewing count, or members that generate long threads.

Im sure this was discussed years ago, no matter, if I'm wrong, it doesn't change my views on moderation, and if the site gets to a point when I no longer feel it's worth logging on, then I simply won't, I doubt I make much difference to the site either way ?

Chers.

Maybe years ago it was, i have no idea to be honest but THL as a company no longer exists its now Blackwood outdoors Ltd. The only income gained from the forum would be donations by individual members,  

Just now, paulus said:

Maybe years ago it was, i have no idea to be honest but THL as a company no longer exists its now Blackwood outdoors Ltd. The only income gained from the forum would be donations by individual members,  

So are all the pop up ads hosted free of charge ?

I have a small, private site, and it costs me nothing as long as its ads free, if I pay a small subscription and allow ads, it generates income.

Maybe the terms of this site have changed, who knows, apart from Ian, but as I said , it matters not in the general context of the way the site seems to be heading.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

So are all the pop up ads hosted free of charge ?

I have a small, private site, and it costs me nothing as long as its ads free, if I pay a small subscription and allow ads, it generates income.

Maybe the terms of this site have changed, who knows, apart from Ian, but as I said , it matters not in the general context of the way the site seems to be heading.

Cheers.

All forums are now old school as i have said many times, Its free and simple to start a page specific to each persons personal interest on other social media platforms. Pigeon Watch another massive forum in the past is  now as dead as this site is becoming, This has  Nothing to do with a few individual members leaving or your thoughts on what a Mod should or shouldn't do on the forum. Times have moved on and we haven't.  

3 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Imagine this for a mod team

oldphil

south hams

stiff

bird 

wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if God was on that team, They would still have to deal with the same old, same old day in, day out, week in. week out. 

• paulus locked this topic