3/4 grey 1/4 collie lame again ?‍♂️

On 28/12/2022 at 11:57, TOMO said:

doesnt look right that inside toe....is it deformed...should be similar length to the outside toe....

if it is deformed that might be why your having an issue with that middle toe

Tomo , I was thinking it might be the length of nails . And that ones growing under the the foot and pulling toe down . ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Yeah,..I remember visiting a man, who I regarded as being, one of the best 'running dog Vets'... My bitch had a collatoral ligament injury, to a front outside toe , and it seemed to be a recuri

Vet told me 3 weeks but think I’ll give him 6 just to be on safe side ?

Ps the nails look a bit long to that wouldn't help 

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, socks said:

That’s a bad looking foot. Nails are definitely to long and that toe looks like it’s been knocked up previously and has calloused up which isn’t going to help. 

There's some kind of arthritis that can set in dead quick I can't remember what it's called but the vet kept the toe as a conversation piece after lopping it off and showed me it had gone brown and fecked up inside,do u know ote about it 

Swelling pretty much all gone down but Went to see the vet this morning and he said it was the tendon under t he middle toe and the foot was ok and nails weren’t too long, 3 weeks of road walking  and he will be fine ? hopefully get a couple of outings in back end of season 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Swelling pretty much all gone down but Went to see the vet this morning and he said it was the tendon under t he middle toe and the foot was ok and nails weren’t too long, 3 weeks of road walking  and he will be fine ? hopefully get a couple of outings in back end of season 

Sorry just remembered I did cut his nails after I took those pics so when Mike saw them they were fine ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Black neck said:

There's some kind of arthritis that can set in dead quick I can't remember what it's called but the vet kept the toe as a conversation piece after lopping it off and showed me it had gone brown and fecked up inside,do u know ote about it 

Calcification 

7 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

In my opinion if you run  that dog in 3 weeks you will be back to square one with that foot all the best with it anyhow ? I always give mine 6 to 8 weeks rest from running 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

In my opinion if you run  that dog in 3 weeks you will be back to square one with that foot all the best with it anyhow ? I always give mine 6 to 8 weeks rest from running 

Have to agree, that needs a minimum of 8 weeks rest before road walking, never mind running, but each to his own. 

Yer when he said 3 weeks I was a bit surprised but he’s not lame on it now, it’s only slightly swollen under his toe and doesn’t make a sound or pull away when putting pressure on his toes, I’ll probably leave it abit longer to be honest, it would  be nice to have a few nights out at end of season though 

On 30/12/2022 at 20:14, whitefeet4190 said:

Yer when he said 3 weeks I was a bit surprised but he’s not lame on it now, it’s only slightly swollen under his toe and doesn’t make a sound or pull away when putting pressure on his toes, I’ll probably leave it abit longer to be honest, it would  be nice to have a few nights out at end of season though 

That's the main reason why dogs go lame after apparently recovering: they don't get enough time. Tendons, ligaments take weeks and weeks to heal, and once torn or over stretched they never come quite as good as they were before the injury, so you end up getting repeat injuries and wondering why. Tendon: 6 weeks minimum, that's what I was always told by a very good greyhound man, and he was absolutely right.

• Like 3
On 30/12/2022 at 20:14, whitefeet4190 said:

Obviously up to you, mate.  But given the advice from some of the more knowledgeable  people on here, surely a bit more patience isn't such a task, rather than 'possibly' risking some sort of permanent  damage, just for the sake of a few poxy rabbits?!

• Like 3