3/4 grey 1/4 collie lame again ?‍♂️

I'd wager its dislocated and popped back in . ( stubbed toe) don't cut nail back . The swelling is nature's way of protecting the injury.  The blood inside the toe will eventually form a callous . That toe will be stronger than the other toes if left for 6 weeks . Road walking only.  If you run the dog the likelihood of the little bit of bone that cups the other bone will break . Then it's toe off time . Hope this helps . Source a good greyhound vet if you take him . Edited to say . Please do not add heat to that injury.  

Edited by The drover
  • Like 4

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Yeah,..I remember visiting a man, who I regarded as being, one of the best 'running dog Vets'... My bitch had a collatoral ligament injury, to a front outside toe , and it seemed to be a recuri

Vet told me 3 weeks but think I’ll give him 6 just to be on safe side ?

Ps the nails look a bit long to that wouldn't help 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, whitefeet4190 said:

I am taking him to a greyhound vet on Friday ?

Best thing I think mate a good greyhound vet if the other toe is Disformed it's probably putting pressure on that toe mite be wrong it hard to tell with pictures all the best with it anyhow ? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ferretman65 said:

Best thing I think mate a good greyhound vet if the other toe is Disformed it's probably putting pressure on that toe mite be wrong it hard to tell with pictures all the best with it anyhow ? 

Ps the nails look a bit long to that wouldn't help 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Thank you for everyone’s help ? I think this must be the only thread that hasn’t turned noncy or throwing abuse at one another ?

cheers lads I’ll post what the vet says Friday 

I mostly found time is the trick here 6 to 8 weeks mate ? 

22 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Thank you for everyone’s help ? I think this must be the only thread that hasn’t turned noncy or throwing abuse at one another ?

cheers lads I’ll post what the vet says Friday 

Looking at both the toes to me it does not look good at all i hope its not ligament damage at the back of the first joints if thats the case(which i think it is) its  not good,If the vet is any good he will tell you straight as regards  the out come,atvb