3/4 grey 1/4 collie lame again ?‍♂️

This is my first collie cross and seems like every time it’s the perfect lamping night the f***ing dog is lame, I’ve had 3/4 grey crosses before and never been plagued the injuries like this dog, I know the greyhounds won’t have hardy feet but either I’ve been really lucky with my other lurchers of this one is prone to injury’s ?‍♂️ any ideas ?

C6F870F2-5853-4048-94F4-1B57168E397C.jpeg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Yeah,..I remember visiting a man, who I regarded as being, one of the best 'running dog Vets'... My bitch had a collatoral ligament injury, to a front outside toe , and it seemed to be a recuri

Vet told me 3 weeks but think I’ll give him 6 just to be on safe side ?

Ps the nails look a bit long to that wouldn't help 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, whitefeet4190 said:

It soft and he wasn’t so bothered about me squeezing it yesterday but I think by putting the bone radial on it it’s made it sore to touch now 

Plonk the foot in ice water ,try some anti inflammatory, toe most likely broke ,might

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

Looking at redness a would say something in it or infection looks angry not bruised.Any holes ? 

Can’t see any holes just a couple of graze marks where I was prob scrubbing the bone radial on with a toothbrush abit too hard 

5 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

This is my first collie cross and seems like every time it’s the perfect lamping night the f***ing dog is lame, I’ve had 3/4 grey crosses before and never been plagued the injuries like this dog, I know the greyhounds won’t have hardy feet but either I’ve been really lucky with my other lurchers of this one is prone to injury’s ?‍♂️ any ideas ?

C6F870F2-5853-4048-94F4-1B57168E397C.jpeg

Did you breed it yourself or buy in

39 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Did you breed it yourself or buy in

It’s a Hancock spesh ? to be fair I do like the dog and when he’s good he’s good can’t fault him but it’s just these niggling injuries doin my head in and if it was middle of the summer I wouldn’t be too arsed but this time of year and only having 1 young dog to run it’s a bit of a shitter