Ratting with a rimmy

Apologies if this has been covered on here before. Has anybody used their rimmy for ratting around farms? I know about the risks in barns and that will be a no go, ditto where live stock is but it would be outside shooting into a soil banking? I was out on Tuesday after a fox and after getting our vixen I looked at the rear of the chicken hut with the thermal and saw lots of rats. I’ve no airgun these days so it would have to be the rimmy. I intend getting an alpex in the new year to go on my rimmy for rabbits etc. Anyone been successful using a rimmy and nv on rats? Thanks

17 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I've used a .22lr before but it gets frustrating when you cant take a lot of the shots for fear of ricochets 

If you are firing into muck heaps or soil you will be OK.

Muck heaps are on the whole fine but if you hit a stone or brick end in a soil pile then that's a different story. If it was going to be a regular thing then its possibly best to invest in an air rifle. 

Buy an airgun mate .The shots are unlimited with sub 12 and it’s very satisfying as well .Plus you get to talk shite in the airgun section with Ian ??

Wouldnt be without my pcp ,the hw100 or the rapid Mk 1 , I picked up for 300 in fac .

Another weapon is never a negative anyway is it ??

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...